Think it's easy to be an Athletic Director... | The Boneyard

Think it's easy to be an Athletic Director...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've thought about emailing AD David Benedict but I can't possibly imagine what I'd say that hasn't already been said.

Reaction Score
You won't get a response, so what's the point. Go outside and spit in to the wind, it saves you some time and is just as aggravating.

Fanbases will always want more from their teams - that is, by the way, a good thing. It must really suck for our poor AD to have a fanbase who expects the ONE team that can save the athletic program to look like something better than the jv at a mid-level P5 program.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You won't get a response, so what's the point. Go outside and spit in to the wind, it saves you some time and is just as aggravating.

Fanbases will always want more from their teams - that is, by the way, a good thing. It must really suck for our poor AD to have a fanbase who expects the ONE team that can save the athletic program to look like something better than the jv at a mid-level P5 program.

Yup. We check every GD P5 box but football. Properly invest in football and we can position ourselves better in time for the last CR merry-go-round in 5 years.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I loved HFD because his crazy rankings contained some very good ideas.
Some good, some not so good - but he sure as hell understood the sense of urgency needed within the AD that it has desperately lacked. Our number one flaw as an AD was complacency. I think it's better understood now, but it may be too little too late.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Some good, some not so good - but he sure as hell understood the sense of urgency needed within the AD that it has desperately lacked. Our number one flaw as an AD was complacency. I think it's better understood now, but it may be too little too late.

Agree. I too like HFD. I understand his banishment if he made personal insults (I have no idea what happened...just what I am led to believe). But if there is such a thing as a "UConn fan foxhole", HFD is a guy I want in that foxhole 100 times out of 100. Not all of his ideas were home runs but all of his ideas were conjured from/by love of UConn.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So, who from the BY will file the FOI request? I would DIE to see AD David Benedict's end of the season e-mail inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom