Think Big | The Boneyard

Think Big

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate to start yet another thread, but all this Edsall (and Weist) talk, and long lists of crap candidates needs a counterpoint. So lets lay out the facts as we know them.
  1. Benedict said he believes in giving people 4 years to prove themselves and was going to keep Diaco
  2. Benedict changed his mind. Maybe that's the Kill/OC situation, we speculate. Benedict does not fire Bob Diaco without a clear indication of an upgrade.
  3. Benedict pursues some coaches quietly. He says that the new coach starts next week. That means he knows who it is or is down to a short list of people who have already said yes in principle.
  4. This is his first major hire as an AD. It is critical to the university that we get it right after two failures. There is no search firm involved. He wants HC experience.
  5. Benedict mentioned this involved a bit of a "sales job". So think of guys he'd have to sell on coming to UConn. Edsall and Weist aren't on that list.
  6. Moorhead and Fleck are coaching in a January 2 bowl. So is the Auburn OC. NFL assistants would also be free at that time, if not on a playoff team.
My conclusion is that he's lined up somebody that we and the pundits think is a long shot. Maybe it's a name we have tossed around, Moorhead, Miles, Helfrich, Fleck and maybe it's a complete surprise.

Reaction Score
LOL? So you started a new thread to summarize what is being said generally in other threads? The only thing I would question on your facts is #2. I know he said that, but I'm not sure I believe it. I think he is just trying to justify the delay in a way that avoids saying "we couldn't fire him earlier because I was told no dice unless I could raise the money."

My guess is we will know by Tuesday close of business at the latest. I can wait

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
LOL? So you started a new thread to summarize what is being said generally in other threads? The only thing I would question on your facts is #2. I know he said that, but I'm not sure I believe it. I think he is just trying to justify the delay in a way that avoids saying "we couldn't fire him earlier because I was told no dice unless I could raise the money."

My guess is we will know by Tuesday close of business at the latest. I can wait

Yes, because with 4-5 Edsall threads and a Weist, that was too much. Agree we will know soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom