OT - things to do in Kentucky | The Boneyard

OT - things to do in Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fellow boneyarders. I'm in Kentucky visiting my girlfriend and her family for the holidays. Currently we're in Louisville, but on Friday we'll be driving out to the boonies where her family lives in southeast Kentucky, far from any civilization. We have to pass through Lexington on the way. So I'm taking suggestions / ideas for some things to do to our favorite 2 teams while I'm here. Anyone want me to take a dump on Calipari's lawn? Go to the restaurant Pitino did his deed at and request the table on which it was done? Maybe just urinate on the admissions buildings of each campus? I'm open to anything!

Reaction Score
Tour the outhouses, before there are none left in the nation.

Reaction Score
If you're wondering what to do in Louisville, visit the Muhammed Ali Museum. You can drop by Yum! Center on your way down and the Louisville Slugger Museum is also close. All that stuff is within 5 blocks, with great food and hella microbrews in between.

In Lexington, my advise is to defecate somewhere near Rupp Arena, lol. Feed the hungry.

What's up with the animosity towards Louisville, by the way?

Reaction Score
I was really expecting to open this thread and read:

Q: Things to do in Kentucky
A: Your sister

Reaction Score
If you're wondering what to do in Louisville, visit the Muhammed Ali Museum. You can drop by Yum! Center on your way down and the Louisville Slugger Museum is also close. All that stuff is within 5 blocks, with great food and hella microbrews in between.

In Lexington, my advise is to defecate somewhere near Rupp Arena, lol. Feed the hungry.

What's up with the animosity towards Louisville, by the way?

Relax Senore, we're not mad at you all. I think we associated KY with uk, which is why the sarcastic comments. Had he said Louisville area we would have been just a 'little' more respectful.

Reaction Score
Oh I've got no problem with Louisville. I did a semester of grad work at U of L and loved it before heading back home to do a different grad program...I just dislike Pitino. Thanks for the suggestions Senore, we plan on going to the Slugger museum tomorrow and maybe go check out the Yum!Center. Hopefully I can get her to go to a microbrewery while we're down there, too.

Reaction Score
The Yum! may not be open - then again, it just might, depending on when you get there. I believe they leave some restaurants open for lunch for downtown workers. Take some ball shoes for hitting practice at the Slugger Museum, lol. One other thing - the Ali Museum is really a trip. It's one of the best museums anywhere, and I'm being serious. All sorts of stuff to do and see - like any fight of his, for one thing. BBC is a great Microbrew place, directly across from Yum.

Kit, since I know most of you all, I expect some razz and that's all just great. I got too sensitive - Hell, I could say I hated UK but that would be redundant. They aren't worth the investment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The Yum! may not be open - then again, it just might, depending on when you get there. I believe they leave some restaurants open for lunch for downtown workers. Take some ball shoes for hitting practice at the Slugger Museum, lol. One other thing - the Ali Museum is really a trip. It's one of the best museums anywhere, and I'm being serious. All sorts of stuff to do and see - like any fight of his, for one thing. BBC is a great Microbrew place, directly across from Yum.

Kit, since I know most of you all, I expect some razz and that's all just great. I got too sensitive - Hell, I could say I hated UK but that would be redundant. They aren't worth the investment.
Many of us are picking Ville to be the best in the BE this season. Of course that depends on the health of your team. What's the latest on the injury front and the expected recovery of your players.

Reaction Score
Many of us are picking Ville to be the best in the BE this season. Of course that depends on the health of your team. What's the latest on the injury front and the expected recovery of your players.

People are filtering back in. Buckles came back 3 games ago and Kevin Ware, a freshman, got eligible and looks like he could be a player. Buckles is a major get. Blackshear is sling-free and evidently doing some individual instruction. Many UL fans think Blackshear can be a gem and even change our make-up, giving us a scoring wing. The development of Russ Smith has been the major noise - kid's another natural scorer from NYC, all of maybe 6' and 170 pounds, lol. We're getting some numbers back, playing 7 guys for the most part currently. Losing Marra hurt us, IMO. He's gone for the year. Van Treese was always a sub but one who understood the system and could bang underneath. He's out indefinitely.

We had a brain fart the other night against a very scrappy College of Charleston team and we saw some panic out there, but Kuric was steady and we held our mud. We have Georgetown just before the UK game which I actually like. I think we take UK, but I also expect Dieng to have 2 fouls before he takes the court.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So I'm taking suggestions / ideas for some things to do to our favorite 2 teams while I'm here.

You can start with confiscating UK's Final Four banner from Rupp before the NCAA tells them to take it down. You know something will get dug up later requiring its removal.

Next, you can find Kidd-Gilchrist and ask him to return whatever it was that Worldwide Wes slipped to his mother right in front of me at the Hall of Fame Tipoff at Mohegan.

And just before you leave town, make sure you get the phone numbers of Mr. Calipari's official SAT test takers just in case my kids might need tutoring in the future.

Reaction Score
Go to the UK student union and sell some 2010-2011 Maui Invitational or NCAA Championship shirts.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Get a paintball gun and do a few drivebyes on famous UK things like statues or whatever they have there. Paintball guns are relatively quiet so you won't draw much attention to yourself, they're easy to ditch and they aren't as easily traceable as real guns are, and even if you were to be caught, the paint usually comes off easily so they can't get you too bad for vandalism. Yet, if you get a good spot at the right time, you can get some serious painting done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom