Things that make sense to only the NCAA | The Boneyard

Things that make sense to only the NCAA

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So every tournament game was plagued by neverending replay reviews.

When the refs blew the call on the jump ball because Meeks was out of bounds - somehow that isn't reviewable according to the NCAA.

They can stop the game and look at a missed call 3 trips before and call a flagrent - but that wasn't reviewable?

What a frigging disaster they have put together.

Reaction Score
Both teams played lousy yesterday, I actually think we could have been competitive in the game against either one, but it was a no flow foul fest. Not as bad as our last game against Cincy though.

Reaction Score
Yeah while there were a ton of fouls, it felt to me like they were real fouls. So maybe I'm more down on the teams/coaches for not adjusting to fouling less. There were definitely plays where I thought UNC was getting away with contact, but yikes that was some bad basketball to watch at times.

I felt like the rest of the world felt during our championship game with Butler in 2011

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Ref's in college are bad because the play in college is bad. They want to institute freedom of movement but players just aren't good enough to let that happen...

When you compare a NBA game and a college game you can see the difference people get beat off the dribble so much in the NBA because they are understand that cutting them off is usually going to result in a block, everyone is too quick. However, in college that is why you see kids still haven't adjusted to not being able to hand check.

C

chiller99.5

Naismith turned over in his grave after this debacle of a game. Next NCAA will require each team to have a lawyer on the bench to arbitrate calls

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Think I created a thread on replays earlier in the Tournament.

The NCAA Tournament is pretty much idiotic proof, but leave it to the NCAA to try and test the limits.

I'm in favor of 1) no coaches challenges 2) no non-scoring reviews unless it's with 2 minutes to go 3) a max 30 second booth review on scoring plays (if needed).

My main point in general with the reviews is that if you have the rewind a play in slow motion for 5 minutes, it's not CONCLUSIVE!

I think part of the blame goes on the refs, but the other half is on the organizations that have made the refs so paranoid to make a mistake that I think it's actually hurt the overall calls of the game.

Reaction Score
The only thing worse than the gut punch of a cheating organization winning the title was watching the 30 for 30 Big East special on MSG before the game.

As a UConn fan that remembers the silly APR rule that banned UConn for a year ("that's what happens when you ban us") when UConn players were getting actual grades from actual classes, I'm waiting for the multi-year ban and championship(s)/game forfeits when the NCAA decides to get serious on UNC. If UConn got a year, UNC should be getting at least 3+...

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan that remembers the silly APR rule that banned UConn for a year ("that's what happens when you ban us") when UConn players were getting actual grades from actual classes, I'm waiting for the multi-year ban and championship(s)/game forfeits when the NCAA decides to get serious on UNC. If UConn got a year, UNC should be getting at least 3+...

No one even mentions it in articles with them winning

Reaction Score

One could argue this BS call hurt Zaga more than the jump ball situation at the end. What poor officiating, just depressing.

At least we have the NBA playoffs coming up. There is an opportunity, a scenario where Kemba and Lamb can emulate their Big East tourney run to get into the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Both teams played lousy yesterday, I actually think we could have been competitive in the game against either one, but it was a no flow foul fest. Not as bad as our last game against Cincy though.

Lmao

Reaction Score
The only thing worse than the gut punch of a cheating organization winning the title was watching the 30 for 30 Big East special on MSG before the game.
Watching that made it seem there were only 4 teams in the Big East. Cuse, Hoyas, Nova and St Johns.

Reaction Score
Watching that made it seem there were only 4 teams in the Big East. Cuse, Hoyas, Nova and St Johns.

Calhoun had some good segments on there but i agree. At least they sorta blamed Cuse for fleeing to ACC and being the death nail in the big east as we knew it

Reaction Score
Think I created a thread on replays earlier in the Tournament.

The NCAA Tournament is pretty much idiotic proof, but leave it to the NCAA to try and test the limits.

I'm in favor of 1) no coaches challenges 2) no non-scoring reviews unless it's with 2 minutes to go 3) a max 30 second booth review on scoring plays (if needed).

My main point in general with the reviews is that if you have the rewind a play in slow motion for 5 minutes, it's not CONCLUSIVE!

I think part of the blame goes on the refs, but the other half is on the organizations that have made the refs so paranoid to make a mistake that I think it's actually hurt the overall calls of the game.

Agree except for the part about the refs so paranoid to make a mistake. They weren't afraid to make mistake after mistake In the UCONN/Cincinnati game .

Reaction Score
It is hard to single out any one blown call...yes, Meeks appears out of bounds...but before that, a Gonzaga passed ball sails two inches over the fingers of a UNC player. TV replay after replay shows that it was not touched by UNC.

Refs awarded the ball to the Zags without review.

What hurt the Zags was having their hulkish big man being unstoppable from backing in from the post, but being very stoppable on the turn and shoot with the bigs of UNC sagged in.....Combined with their lack of success hitting from outside.

It was the type of play that creates opportunities for fouling...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom