Things just got worse at ND | The Boneyard

Things just got worse at ND

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND announced today that freshman guard Anaya Peoples will be out for the year with a torn labrum. In addition, graduate transfer Destiny Walker is questionable for the upcoming game with Miami after turning her ankle in the loss at Duke.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND announced today that freshman guard Anaya Peoples will be out for the year with a torn labrum. In addition, graduate transfer Destiny Walker is questionable for the upcoming game with Miami after turning her ankle in the loss at Duke.
What is in the water at ND?

- Things come in three's oldude and this one is a good news-eh news. The good news is that Abby Prohaska has been cleared to resume drills in which there may be contact. If you remember, our flaming redhead had clots in both lungs. So this is good news for her personally and the team. The "eh" part is that she has already been declared out for the year. This is probably for the best, given how the season is going. Plus, ND will have her services for three more years -- along with fellow guards Peoples and Gilbert.

- As for the water, I'm hoping the predicted 1-3" snowfall in South Bend tonight will be much more and maybe the U of Miami team plane won't get there!

Unfortunately, they probably will get there and if Walker is a no-go, former walk-on Katie Cole will get the start, with back-up center Danielle Cosgrove being the only other scholarship player available.

- Yikes. A lot of...yikes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
- Things come in three's oldude and this one is a good news-eh news. The good news is that Abby Prohaska has been cleared to resume drills in which there may be contact. If you remember, our flaming redhead had clots in both lungs. So this is good news for her personally and the team. The "eh" part is that she has already been declared out for the year. This is probably for the best, given how the season is going. Plus, ND will have her services for three more years -- along with fellow guards Peoples and Gilbert.

- As for the water, I'm hoping the predicted 1-3" snowfall in South Bend tonight will be much more and maybe the U of Miami team plane won't get there!

Unfortunately, they probably will get there and if Walker is a no-go, former walk-on Katie Cole will get the start, with back-up center Danielle Cosgrove being the only other scholarship player available.

- Yikes. A lot of...yikes.
I feel for you guys. Folks around here are bitching at 15-1 because we’re struggling more than we UConn fans are used to. I can’t imagine enduring the kind of season that the Irish are going through.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel for you guys. Folks around here are bitching at 15-1 because we’re struggling more than we UConn fans are used to. I can’t imagine enduring the kind of season that the Irish are going through.
It comes down to the ratio of results to expectations. The expectations were much higher for UConn considering they are led by an experienced senior point guard and have 4 returning top-6 recruits. I certainly expected Notre Dame to be better than they turned out to be, but given their personnel issues the expectations were a lot lower than for UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It comes down to the ratio of results to expectations. The expectations were much higher for UConn considering they are led by an experienced senior point guard and have 4 returning top-6 recruits. I certainly expected Notre Dame to be better than they turned out to be, but given their personnel issues the expectations were a lot lower than for UConn.
I look at it a little differently. Notwithstanding UConn’s at times inconsistent play, there are a lot of UConn fans that anticipated that the Huskies would be 15-1 at this point in the season. No one to my knowledge, whether they are fans of ND WBB or not, ever anticipated that the Irish would be 6-12 at this point in the season heading for a 20 loss season without a postseason appearance for the first time in recent memory.

Reaction Score
I feel horrible for the young lady's parents. They have a tremendously athletic and gifted daughter, but see her in pain and injured. Horrible.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
...No one to my knowledge, whether they are fans of ND WBB or not, ever anticipated that the Irish would be 6-12 at this point in the season heading for a 20 loss season without a postseason appearance for the first time in recent memory.
This is 100% correct and how awesome is this surprise for all of us to see MM have to reassess her management style! Schadenfreude or not, MM’s comeuppance is frankly nice to see after years of her disrespect and her constant complaints about everything not Irish. Pity for her is not in me nor in many on this board. It is what it is and watching it live is interesting. Hopefully she learns some grace in this. I doubt it but who knows. For the record, 1992-93 was the last time ND did not make a post season appearance. Next up is to see Tenn not make the NCAAT which should have happened at least once or twice these past few years.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is 100% correct and how awesome is this surprise for all of us to see MM have to reassess her management style! Schadenfreude or not, MM’s comeuppance is frankly nice to see after years of her disrespect and her constant complaints about everything not Irish. Pity for her is not in me nor in many on this board. It is what it is and watching it live is interesting. Hopefully she learns some grace in this. I doubt it but who knows. For the record, 1992-93 was the last time ND did not make a post season appearance. Next up is to see Tenn not make the NCAAT which should have happened at least once or twice these past few years.
Agree on MM, but I do feel bad for some of the ND posters who frequent the BY. They have always been knowledgeable and respectful.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Her team crushed Miami today and Muffet is on cloud nine. She won't be learning any grace or changing her management style. Watch for ND to go 9-2 from here on out and just squeak into the tournament :cool:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Her team crushed Miami today and Muffet is on cloud nine. She won't be learning any grace or changing her management style. Watch for ND to go 9-2 from here on out and just squeak into the tournament :cool:
Can't see how they could possibly go 9-2 the rest of the way. One win really get your juices flowing? Did all the horrible losses take place by accident? Only time will tell.
Go Huskies, trounce UT!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I never thought it possible for someone to get me to start rooting for ND, but in this instance....... :rolleyes:
PLEASE Dude, don't fall for it! Triad will come to his senses! BY regulars would persuade him to reconsider. However, we really have nothing to worry about.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope you mean BY account and not something more permanent. ;)

:eek:

I never thought it possible for someone to get me to start rooting for ND, but in this instance....... :rolleyes:

woah.gif

PLEASE Dude, don't fall for it! Triad will come to his senses! BY regulars would persuade him to reconsider. However, we really have nothing to worry about.

Well I didn't say my Boneyard Account ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom