they wear Adidas now | The Boneyard

they wear Adidas now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
seems that Tuck and Jefferson are signed to Adidas... or is it just a WNBA thing? #Twitter

Reaction Score
Well, Adidas is the official uniform sponsor of the NBA/WNBA. That contract runs out next summer and then Nike takes over(thank goodness, Adidas makes terrible clothing/uniforms). However, Mo and Tuck have signed sponsorship deals with Adidas, who I'm sure offered them more money than Nike, since usually the only wbb that sign with Adidas are ones that wore it in college, like Candace Parker for instance.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Screenshot_2016-05-15-15-56-05-1.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone have any ideas on how much (ballpark figure) their first contract is worth, and for how long?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, Adidas is the official uniform sponsor of the NBA/WNBA. That contract runs out next summer and then Nike takes over(thank goodness, Adidas makes terrible clothing/uniforms). However, Mo and Tuck have signed sponsorship deals with Adidas, who I'm sure offered them more money than Nike, since usually the only wbb that sign with Adidas are ones that wore it in college, like Candace Parker for instance.
Ha! You funny.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
$10-$15K yearly + 2 pairs of new sneakers per game + sweats.

Thanks Coco, I was completely in the dark on this topic. I know the WNBA players only get a fraction of what the NBA players get for shoe indorsement deals, I just didn't know to what extent.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score

Video reminds me that there was a time, albeit short, that Adidas reigned supreme in basketball shoes, that Reebok was once neck and neck with Nike, Cindy Lauper once challenged Madonna for divaship, and Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion were tops in WBB. Where are they now? Funny how things change.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Adidas makes awesome clothing and sports equipment. Unfortunately, their recent run of unis has been atrocious looking. That's their great failing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom