They deserve each other SI article | The Boneyard

They deserve each other SI article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am so sick of the whole line of demarcation between pro's and amateurs bullspit these writers keep recycling. This is pro business for everyone but the athletes. Jurich is a million dollar administrator because of the success of his athletic teams. He has navigated them from Conf USA to the ACC. Conference commissioners make seven figures. Coaches make millions. A lot of people make a lot of money off of the athletic accomplishments of the kids. That Jurich went out and hired as close to a sure thing as possible is a shocker WHY??? Discipline problems players???? How many times has the NCAA come down on Petrino for NCAA violations? I mean if he is bringing all those discipline problem players in there must be NCAA violatons somewhere no? It would only make sense. The whole thing is becoming one giant crock of you know what.

Reaction Score
Back in the day, I was BSing with Kickfan (most of you will remember him, wish he would pop in and say hey) at one of the many away games I attended by virtue of not living anyhere near CT. Anyways he told me that Louisville was not a good place under Petrino and it was pretty much a football factory in the worst way. But I guess it's ok as long as the masses in Louisville are satiated.

Reaction Score
And Mandel is a jerk for saying dissing the AAC over this move. The conference has zero control who Louisville hires and they basically gone anyways.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he should be dissing the ACC for bringing in a win at all cost community college, but like I said the whole thing is one giant, money grabbing sham. There is no sanctity to division one college athletics, so why should he pretend there should be writing something like that?

Reaction Score
Louisville has made a decision that winning at athletics is more important than anything else. They are basically an SEC school. Think about it. How many schools would allow Petrino to coach? (His affair is one thing, but he has been a consistent liar to his bosses and he has been proven to have no loyalty.) How many schools would not have fired Clint Hurtt after getting a show-cause for his role in the Miami football scandal? How many schools would not have fired Pitino after his affair in the bar?

It is what it is and it worked for Louisville as they got an invite to the ACC. Personally, I think they will be very successful in the ACC and they will piss off the traditional ACC schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom