They Are Going To Be Fun To Watch | The Boneyard

They Are Going To Be Fun To Watch

Reaction Score
Sure, there's been plenty of posts about the starting five, winning number 12, individual player pluses and minuses, the team's great depth, what combinations we should play or not play, and even about why the Boneyard is the Boneyard. For me right now however, I'm just really excited to see them play soon.

We may very well be seeing an extraordinary basketball team, with great passing, great shooting, great speed, and team chemistry off the charts. I want to see our returning players again. I want to see if they improved, grew, matured, and evolved. I want to see our new players and what they can do. Most of all, I want to see all of them because it's going to be fun. It's selfish I know, but above all else I am a fan of a certain unique brand of basketball here at UCONN, played by young women who each year become transformed into warriors, who work harder than anyone, devote themselves to a common cause, and really, really like each other in the process. I think this year is going to be very special for all of us and very important for the game itself.

Reaction Score
Solid take, my friend! Yes. I agree. I think we all are excited and looking forward to seeing what these talented young ladies will do out there on the basketball court this season. So many questions. This season is going to be fun to watch...like every other season, to be honest. Looking forward to some great basketball.

Reaction Score
My mouth is already watering.
It's not just the individual talent of the "14", but the different ways they are going to interact.
UCONN is a distribution, passing team.
So many variables. So many things to surprise, delight, aggravate and keep us entertained.

Reaction Score
I have a real problem this weekend. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan (yes I live in western NY) and a UConn Women's Basketball fan. Both play at the same time Sunday. I normally would watch the NFL game first and tape the UConn game as (sad but true) the NFL game is not likely to post the scores of the UConn game but NCAA WCBB will always post the NFL scores unless it is a BIG women's game. This week is a bit different as I NEED to see this year's version of the Huskies and can't wait. My friend who always watches the football games has told me he will pass on coming over if I'm watching UConn. I will miss him...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have a real problem this weekend. I'm a Buffalo Bills fan (yes I live in western NY) and a UConn Women's Basketball fan. Both play at the same time Sunday. I normally would watch the NFL game first and tape the UConn game as (sad but true) the NFL game is not likely to post the scores of the UConn game but NCAA WCBB will always post the NFL scores unless it is a BIG women's game. This week is a bit different as I NEED to see this year's version of the Huskies and can't wait. My friend who always watches the football games has told me he will pass on coming over if I'm watching UConn. I will miss him...
Does your friend know Buffalo plays Jacksonville. Problem solved. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Reaction Score
The ESPN app has live scoring of basketball games and football games. Perhaps, watching one and checking the score of the other on your phone could work.

Reaction Score
Sure, there's been plenty of posts about the starting five, winning number 12, individual player pluses and minuses, the team's great depth, what combinations we should play or not play, and even about why the Boneyard is the Boneyard. For me right now however, I'm just really excited to see them play soon.

We may very well be seeing an extraordinary basketball team, with great passing, great shooting, great speed, and team chemistry off the charts. I want to see our returning players again. I want to see if they improved, grew, matured, and evolved. I want to see our new players and what they can do. Most of all, I want to see all of them because it's going to be fun. It's selfish I know, but above all else I am a fan of a certain unique brand of basketball here at UCONN, played by young women who each year become transformed into warriors, who work harder than anyone, devote themselves to a common cause, and really, really like each other in the process. I think this year is going to be very special for all of us and very important for the game itself.
Thanks for the reminder. With all the hoopla about the national championship ,including me,being able to watch “the beautiful game “and the new kids developing during the entire season is the ultimate treat.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that the UConn game this weekend is an exhibition game and is not on TV. I have read that it may be produced by UCTV and be on the UConn website or facebook for viewing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think the answer to your dilemma is an easy one. I'd watch the UConn live via live stream (no TV) and tape the Bills game for viewing later. I've got a problem this weekend also. I'm going on a 8 day cruise to the Mexican Rivera leaving this Saturday returning next Saturday. That means I'll miss the FHS exhibition game completely which is bad enough, but I'll also have to go a full week without access to the boneyard. :( That's worse than missing the game. :confused:

I refuse to pay the exorbitant $10.20 per-day (per person) fees they want if you want Wi-Fi access while on board. Unless someone posts the game on the yard afterwards, I'll just have to read about it when I return. I'll have a week's worth of posts and comments to catch up on....and catch up I will. I'll be enjoying my environment Sunday evening, but I'll be thinking about the UConn women, and how they did. Enjoy the game Zinethar. :)

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think the answer to your dilemma is an easy one. I'd watch the UConn live via live stream (no TV) and tape the Bills game for viewing later. I've got a problem this weekend also. I'm going on a 8 day cruise to the Mexican Rivera leaving this Saturday returning next Saturday. That means I'll miss the FHS exhibition game completely which is bad enough, but I'll also have to go a full week without access to the boneyard. :( That's worse than missing the game. :confused:

I refuse to pay the exorbitant $10.20 per-day (per person) fees they want if you want Wi-Fi access while on board. Unless someone posts the game on the yard afterwards, I'll just have to read about it when I return. I'll have a week's worth of posts and comments to catch up on....and catch up I will. I'll be enjoying my environment Sunday evening, but I'll be thinking about the UConn women, and how they did. Enjoy the game Zinethar. :)
Jealously :mad: my friend, but I hope you enjoy your vacation.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom