These UConn stats are just so odd...! | The Boneyard

These UConn stats are just so odd...!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn vs Memphis.jpeg

UConn stats after their first 11 games seem odd. Not weird odd, but just not even. For example, the Huskies have scored 991 points on 389 baskets. It doesn't stop there. UConn has 251 assists on those baskets, compared to 159 turnovers. That gives the Huskies a 1.57 assist-to-turnover ratio. Very odd.... :D

UConn has taken 729 shots, of which 245 were three-point attempts. Of the three point shots, 99 went in. They have also 157 free throws tries. So odd... Personal fouls, also odd at 147. Offensive rebounds = 123, while defensive rebounds come in at 345. Even UConn's opponents have odd stats. Shots made = 249 out of 707, assists = 137 and total rebounds = 355. Maybe this will all even out soon... ;)

The oddest stats so far this season are the following:

1. Katie Lou is 5th in scoring at 135 points.
2. Crystal has only taken 13 free throws, same as Megan.
3. Gabby already has 37 turnovers.
4. Kia leads the team with 31 made threes.
5. Pheesa has 89 rebounds, 1 behind the leader, Z.

All these odd stats are starting to get weird...bring on East Carolina..!!

Go Huskies..!!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Obviously, no one can get close enough to Crystal to foul her! :D

She also tends to pull up and doesn`t look to create contact. Almost half of her shots (52 of a rather odd 105) are threes.

Gabby`s turnovers are odd, including a fairly even 10 against Maryland, slightly different role and perhaps trying to force things a bit. After seeing her against Memphis, not to worry.

Also odd that someone coming off the bench for the most part is leading in rebounds, even if she is a very even 6'6". Lou scoring total and Kia leading the three point barrage make sense given Lou missing time, oddly enough has played 7 out of 11.

I am surprised to see we have only taken an even 22 more shots than our opponents.

Speaking of odd, my avatar ends in 11!

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Obviously, no one can get close enough to Crystal to foul her! :D

She also tends to pull up and doesn`t look to create contact.

Gabby`s turnovers are odd, including 10 against Maryland, slightly different role and perhaps trying to force things a bit. After seeing her against Memphis, not to worry.

Also odd that someone coming off the bench for the most part is leading in rebounds, even if she is 6'6". Lou scoring total and Kia leading the three point barrage make sense given Lou missing time.

I am surprised to see we have only taken 22 more shots than our opponents.
I'm not surprised because a high number of ours are going in the basket, while the opponent's aren't.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 27439
UConn stats after their first 11 games seem odd. Not weird odd, but just not even. For example, the Huskies have scored 991 points on 389 baskets. It doesn't stop there. UConn has 251 assists on those baskets, compared to 159 turnovers. That gives the Huskies a 1.57 assist-to-turnover ratio. Very odd.... :D

UConn has taken 729 shots, of which 245 were three-point attempts. Of the three point shots, 99 went in. They have also 157 free throws tries. So odd... Personal fouls, also odd at 147. Offensive rebounds = 123, while defensive rebounds come in at 345. Even UConn's opponents have odd stats. Shots made = 249 out of 707, assists = 137 and total rebounds = 355. Maybe this will all even out soon... ;)

The oddest stats so far this season are the following:

1. Katie Lou is 5th in scoring at 135 points.
2. Crystal has only taken 13 free throws, same as Megan.
3. Gabby already has 37 turnovers.
4. Kia leads the team with 31 made threes.
5. Pheesa has 89 rebounds, 1 behind the leader, Z.

All these odd stats are starting to get weird...bring on East Carolina..!!

Go Huskies..!!
Pretty sure it will all even out by the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Although I noticed that DavidinNaples has 13 letters. hmmmm?

And meyers7 has, of course, 7.

It's an odd, odd world we live in. :cool:

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score

And Bokamper's has 9 letters... :p

All will be considered EVEN when/if the year ends with #12....;)

Reaction Score
Note that your analytical study took place after 11 (that's odd) games. I do think the numbers will even out after considering Wednesday night's game 12.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Here's another thing that's odd, David: you have a picture of Meg (not turning the ball over, of course, as no one does anymore :)), but she doesn't figure into your (great as always) stats!

And here's a not-so-odd statistic: UConn has played eleven games...and has won eleven games!

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
Note that your analytical study took place after 11 (that's odd) games. I do think the numbers will even out after considering Wednesday night's game 12.:rolleyes:

Yes they will... I may EVEN do a stat piece when they do. However, that was not the #12 I had in mind...:rolleyes:

Just for Bags.... Meg has played in 9 games for 153 minutes, made 21 shots, including 5 threes, scored 55 points, made 61.5% of her free throws and has 11 turnovers & 13 fouls... :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

...and odd even has an odd number of letters while even oddly has an even number! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom