These players look familiar: Huskies galore! | The Boneyard

These players look familiar: Huskies galore!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The "common thread" that Diana speaks of is evident. They all have that one common thread, fingerprint or element in their background..................Geno Auriemma. The man is as unique as the players he turns out. The facts speaks for themselves.

Even Saniya Chong who was a 3rd round draftee made the cut. Third round draftees almost NEVER survive the final roster cuts in the W. Wings coach Fred Williams saw in her, the same thing other coaches see in other UConn graduates coming into the league, a finished product that's polished and ready to move on to the next level. It took Williams only one exhibition game to make up his mind about Chong.

Reaction Score
UConn family.

Screenshot (3).png

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn has the most players in the WNBA with 13.
I have heard more than one WNBA Coach say that they look to draft players from UConn, because Geno and staff have prepared the players for the next level.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't ALL of these ladies selected as a collegiate All-American at some point during their 4 years at UConn? :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't ALL of these ladies selected as a collegiate All-American at some point during their 4 years at UConn? :rolleyes:
Yes, I think it was:

Renee 2x
Maya 4x
Morgan 1x
Stewie 3x
Sue 2x
Tina 2x
Stef 2x
Dee 3x
Mo 2x

They include 8 Liebermans, 10 NPOYs of some form, and at least 2 NDPOYs.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looking at that picture, I really wish WNBA uniforms included the team name or city of location on the jersey. Dolson's jersey actually includes Sky, but the rest you have to just know what team they play for, the uni gives no indication. I hate that about the WNBA. Apparently they all play for the Verizons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom