These are some eerie Warde quotes | The Boneyard

These are some eerie Warde quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"This feels right, doesn't it?" Manuel said to me as we slowly strolled across the court of the XL Center, the arena mostly empty just 30 minutes after the game ended. He thinks UConn in the Big East is probably going to be what the school's situation is and knows it's going to take a while for that reality to settle. But UConn could become an East Coast Gonzaga, in a best-case scenario. The fans still are uneased by this, evidenced in a dip in attendance this season that those around UConn feel might not be strictly tied to the 2013 postseason ban.
"I don't know if they're fully on board yet," Manuel said of the fans. "As we go through the cycles of it happening and we evolve ... I think they'll continue to support us, wherever we are."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the telling quotes are about the pressure on him about ko.

Not really... he still did it on his timeframe. He was clear from the beginning - when he knew that KO was ready/right, he would make the decision.

"The way that UConn played, how Ollie handled himself up to that point and in that game: he knew he wanted him for the future."

Reaction Score
It's not eery if you have come to terms with the reality that we aren't sitting on a super secret invite to a better conference.

Thanks for your contribution. How should I have titled my post so I can better serve your point of view in the future?

You can come to terms with reality and still have situation that is:
a. Inspiring inexplicable fear, dread, or uneasiness; strange and frightening.

So the answer to your question is yes, it's still eerie.

Reaction Score
It's not eery if you have come to terms with the reality that we aren't sitting on a super secret invite to a better conference.

As opposed to the all the other extremely public, transparent invites that have happened up to this point? Give me a break. Every single other conference invite was completely secret until a few days before they were official. We may not have a invite coming anytime soon. We might though. And if we did, we sure wouldn't know about it.

If you are going to be a pessimist, at least be rational.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Gonzaga of the east, WTF is Notlander talking about.
This! Nor lander is a idiot! I can't believe he thinks Gonzaga is in the same breath as us. Isn't this kid from CT? We have three ships and got final fours. Zags has nothing!

Reaction Score
I don't like Warde Manuel...
He comes off way to cavalier for what Uconn athletics is going through.

East Coast Gonzaga is a complete insult to what Uconn has become, and in my opinion he should be fired or at least reprimanded.

Get a clue Warde.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I don't like Warde Manuel...
He comes off way to cavalier for what Uconn athletics is going through.

East Coast Gonzaga is a complete insult to what Uconn has become, and in my opinion he should be fired or at least reprimanded.

Get a clue Warde.
That was Morlander that said that

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
my bad, thought Warde Made the comment.

Warde is still an ass if he gave the guy any indication about us becoming Gonzaga.
Norlander is clueless

Reaction Score
Your welcome. Sorry to burst your belief bubble.

Thanks for your contribution. How should I have titled my post so I can better serve your point of view in the future?

You can come to terms with reality and still have situation that is:
a. Inspiring inexplicable fear, dread, or uneasiness; strange and frightening.

So the answer to your question is yes, it's still eerie.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I am the rational one here. If you think we're in the B1G and we're just waiting of the lawyers then that is most definitely irrational.

This is where we we are. Come to grips with it.

We could get invited tomorrow, but I would bet a huge amount of money that Warde isn't sitting on an firm invite.

It's only eery if his statement conflicts with your perception of reality. And even then it's disappointing.

As opposed to the all the other extremely public, transparent invites that have happened up to this point? Give me a break. Every single other conference invite was completely secret until a few days before they were official. We may not have a invite coming anytime soon. We might though. And if we did, we sure wouldn't know about it.

If you are going to be a pessimist, at least be rational.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I am the rational one here. If you think we're in the B1G and we're just waiting of the lawyers then that is most definitely irrational.

This is where we we are. Come to grips with it.

We could get invited tomorrow, but I would bet a huge amount of money that Warde isn't sitting on an firm invite.

It's only eery if his statement conflicts with your perception of reality. And even then it's disappointing.

I don't know if anything is going on behind the scenes. No one sits on invites, this has been documented. Terms are agreed upon before hand and the invite is a final formality. What I do know is that if we were in negotiates, our AD has 0% incentive to tip his hand to some reporter. Warde makes some generic quotes and the writer makes his own negative spin on it. I take it as meaning nothing, you take it as we are stuck in the Big East for eternity. To each his own.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
They are on board with Ollie, unequivocally. Manuel revealed to me that the consternation of waiting to sign Ollie to a long-term deal actually rallied the base in a way that it needed. He didn't realize that until a booster put it into perspective for him. Ironically, Manuel became the frienemy that UConn needed -- a human stress ball -- amid such a bittersweet, volatile time for the program.
Oh. My God. Warde is a Sith Lord...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
the telling quotes are about the pressure on him about ko.
Prrrrretty sure he's talking about you here : "Manuel said for the first month and a half of the season, nearly every day he'd bring up his email and the inbox would have a new outpouring of varying levels of demands to sign Ollie to a multi-year deal." :)

Reaction Score
I don think Warde is being Cavalier. If he said the sky was falling then he would be accused of being alarmist. Better to be pragmatic and positive in public and deal with the underlying issues in private.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh. My God. Warde is a Sith Lord...

If that's the case, then when do we get to be on board the friggin' "fully operational battlestation!"???? (here's the current state of the Big East battlestation below)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Gonzaga of the east, WTF is Notlander talking about.

I suppose it's a step forward from UNLV East in the wake of the APR scandal

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
This! Nor lander is a idiot! Isn't this kid from CT?
Acknowledging Norlander is from CT, he is a sports blog contributor. For whatever reason, the blog either fails to include direct citations of Manuel quotes, or some people incorrectly understood the source of some worrisome comments was actually the blog contributor. That is, Norlander, and not Manuel.

Reaction Score
So Warde's goal for basketball is a few national TV games and a few sweet sixteens? Fire the bum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom