There's still something to play for. | The Boneyard

There's still something to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
BC will likely be 4-6 heading into our game. If we are going down, we need to ruin their season too.
As far as Tulane, I honestly can't think of a reason to watch that game.

Reaction Score
BC is as inept offensively as we are, but they do have a nationally ranked defense (even as they get smoked by Louisville). That doesn't bowd well for this o-line. Sadly, I think BC is just better, more physical, then UConn.

Tulane is a winnable game. I think the bye-week gives the new OC and QB time to get comfortable with each other and the offense. I want HCBD to challenge the o-line the next three weeks to stop being gigantic "vaginas" and start playing with a chip on their shoulders. I know it's not in his nature to be negative but it's time to be honest and tell them they SUCK and (aside from himself) are the reason the offense SUCKS. It's not the QB, or the RB, or the WRs, or the eighteen TEs (except when they're blocking). It's them, plan and simple. I also want Bob to stay away from Corley, let him sink or swim. Focus on the defense. Win the 1Q first. Don't lose the game in the 1Q because the defense looks disinterested.

Although I don't expect to win either game. I will still watch. I want to see Corley with full control over the offense (without Diaco in his ear). I want to see Williams gain confidence going into the off-season. I want to see Newsome be the dynamic threat, I know he can be every week. I want to see the TEs and other WRs (not named Thomas) emerge as threats in the passing game. But none of that happens if the o-line continues to show no pride in doing their job. That starts with being AGGRESSIVE at the point of attack.

If none of that happens over the final three weeks, there needs to be wholesale changes in the staff. Bob's probably not going anywhere, but Cummings would be a good place to start cutting your loses.

From a recruiting standpoint, the next three weeks are critical. I think all our current verbals will be open to considering other options if this continues. And I couldn't blame them.

Reaction Score
This will be out bowl game. Hopefully with a week off we dont embarass ourselves. Diaco can save some face with a win here and with a domination can keep his job for at least another year. The odds of this are as good as Prius beating a Camaro

Reaction Score
There is nothing to play for!! What we will be watching the rest of the season is an early view of spring practice! This season is done.... And it absolutely sucked thanks to Our boy! A loss,to BC will just be the cherry on the pile of humiliation Diaco has created.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Coming off the Cincinnati game who ever would have believed we wouldn't win another game

Reaction Score
the BC game is pretty much both our bowl games... BC has been getting its head bashed in week in and week out lately.. And they play FSU next. another bashing..we're the last game of their season.. Ouch...

Reaction Score
BC is as inept offensively as we are, but they do have a nationally ranked defense (even as they get smoked by Louisville). That doesn't bowd well for this o-line. Sadly, I think BC is just better, more physical, then UConn.

Tulane is a winnable game. I think the bye-week gives the new OC and QB time to get comfortable with each other and the offense. I want HCBD to challenge the o-line the next three weeks to stop being gigantic "vaginas" and start playing with a chip on their shoulders. I know it's not in his nature to be negative but it's time to be honest and tell them they SUCK and (aside from himself) are the reason the offense SUCKS. It's not the QB, or the RB, or the WRs, or the eighteen TEs (except when they're blocking). It's them, plan and simple. I also want Bob to stay away from Corley, let him sink or swim. Focus on the defense. Win the 1Q first. Don't lose the game in the 1Q because the defense looks disinterested.

Although I don't expect to win either game. I will still watch. I want to see Corley with full control over the offense (without Diaco in his ear). I want to see Williams gain confidence going into the off-season. I want to see Newsome be the dynamic threat, I know he can be every week. I want to see the TEs and other WRs (not named Thomas) emerge as threats in the passing game. But none of that happens if the o-line continues to show no pride in doing their job. That starts with being AGGRESSIVE at the point of attack.

If none of that happens over the final three weeks, there needs to be wholesale changes in the staff. Bob's probably not going anywhere, but Cummings would be a good place to start cutting your loses.

From a recruiting standpoint, the next three weeks are critical. I think all our current verbals will be open to considering other options if this continues. And I couldn't blame them.
Well stated!

Reaction Score
This will be out bowl game. Hopefully with a week off we dont embarass ourselves. Diaco can save some face with a win here and with a domination can keep his job for at least another year. The odds of this are as good as Prius beating a Camaro
Regardless of a win against BC, Diaco has to go.....

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Regardless of a win against BC, Diaco has to go.....
Agreed. I think I'd gladly trade a loss for Diaco being gone, given the choice. Actually, I'm sure I would. The sooner, the better for the future of UConn football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom