There is no quick fix. | The Boneyard

There is no quick fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco said he is building a foundation for the long run. Well, he may have been telling the truth.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I completely agree, pal. I think that with the right guy running things we could be competitive fairly quickly. UCF was a disaster last year. They are not now. SMU was awful in 2014 but have made progress. Syracuse was terrible but in year 1 of a new coach look to be heading in the right direction. I think we made a bad hire. He should have had a team that was a bowl contender in his first year. He should have moved forward to 7-8 wins this year but will be lucky to get 4. But someone who knows what he's doing could take this group and get 6-7 next year and go from there.

Reaction Score
Agreed freescooter... That take a 5 to 10 years to build motto crap played out in the 80s... if we suck again next year, Diaco won't be around to see the turnaround... I'd be shocked....

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Our admin is not wired that way.
They kept Dracula too long.

Reaction Score
Diaco said he is building a foundation for the long run. Well, he may have been telling the truth.

No, the problem is that one hires a construction firm with experience to build a "foundation"... not a newby that needed to learn let alone couldn't manage the job site on the day
of weekly site inspection (Saturday).

Reaction Score
I see no foundation coming together. Usually pieces are set in place. Where are these pieces?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I completely agree, pal. I think that with the right guy running things we could be competitive fairly quickly. UCF was a disaster last year. They are not now. SMU was awful in 2014 but have made progress. Syracuse was terrible but in year 1 of a new coach look to be heading in the right direction. I think we made a bad hire. He should have had a team that was a bowl contender in his first year. He should have moved forward to 7-8 wins this year but will be lucky to get 4. But someone who knows what he's doing could take this group and get 6-7 next year and go from there.
What's the similarity with those other schools that are turning it around? They have an offense.
Honestly our next coach has to be a guy who knows offense who can then bring in a quality defensive coach. Can you imagine let's say Morehead as the head coach with a Don Brown as D coordinator? Obviously neither of those guys will be with UConn again but damn. But that type of setup needs to happen. This offense and overall play is putting any fans out there asleep.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's a foundation, in the sense that the only stuff that anyone actually wants to see is built by somebody else on top of it.

Reaction Score
Please. This guy wasn't ready. Still can't manage a clock and burns timeouts getting plays in. The 1st year coaches in this league went by him like he was sitting still. Maybe next year the light goes on for him.

Reaction Score
Building a foundation? We just put down stone dust and I'm not even sure you lay stone dust when pouring a foundation.

Reaction Score
Building a foundation? We just put down stone dust and I'm not even sure you lay stone dust when pouring a foundation.

You don't. Diaco had a flawed strategy. He is like the French generals sitting safely behind the Maginot Line at the start of WW2. Having no offense and not returning punts, who would hire him in this day and age to make their program nationally successful? We all need to hope DW can be a force to pull us out of this ditch.

Reaction Score
I think Coach Vineyard Vines also was in charge of the Yard Goats stadium construction.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He didn't say that building the foundation would be as long, frustrating and as poorly managed as the Big Dig. We should have the walls up and the roof, and maybe we're putting up wallboard by now. Instead we have..."Oh damn, another crack in the foundation. Dig that piece out and re-pour it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom