There are no moral victories | The Boneyard

There are no moral victories

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nice to see someone supporting our guys after most are throwing them under the bus following a remarkable 3 game stretch that nearly made it to four games. This loss can't be given a silver lining, but UConn deserves a hell of a lot of credit for making it to this game in the first place.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice to see someone supporting our guys after most are throwing them under the bus following a remarkable 3 game stretch that nearly made it to four games. This loss can't be given a silver lining, but UConn deserves a hell of a lot of credit for making it to this game in the first place.
No moral victories? No silver lining? Not sure about that. That run took place when Ryan was on the bench. The team that had SMU lose wind in the sails is next years team. Lots to work with next year.

Reaction Score
They fought till the end just lost to clearly a better team. We needed some bounces and plays that we did not get but purvis showed that however frustrating has something to really build on and have a more consistent, solid junior year. All losses suck and one that essentially keeps us out of the dance just sucks more. I am still gonna be glued to the tv or at gampel for however long they last in the nit....

Reaction Score
SMU built this year's success in part off a good NIT run last year. We've done the same in the past - 96-97 comes to mind.

History repeats itself, and there's another tournament to win. I want to watch this team five more times.

Reaction Score
They gave it their best shot in this tourney - won a bruiser against Cincy on Boat's last second heroics, put together a miraculous comeback against a good Tulsa team, and left it all out there against the best team in this conference. Crowd was great and willed them as far as they could go.

On to the NIT. It's still another tourney and a chance for more hardware.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have no problem at all with the NIT especially after looking at the prospects in January
I am not satisfied BUT proud of the way this UConn team played in this tournament. They are young and looking at the fact they needed 4 in 4 could have been overwhelming but they got the chance to play Sunday and just couldn't get over the hump.
It's not easy playing 3 on 5 at the offensive end - the bigs are not mobile and do not make themselves available, never mind the rebounding woes. The best team they had is when they went small - can't play SMU that way. I just can't help to think that at least one of the bigs comes back much improved.
Boat received no respect at all from the officials and its a damn shame because he deserved more. I wish him only the best in the future - thanks for all you have given to UConn Boat.
DHam is the key - he needs to not only to cut down on "freshman" mistakes but he needs to assume a leadership role. This kid has such a huge upside.
Purvis gave us all a glimpse of his upside and that is impressive BUT that downside is also troubling - my gut says RP will be a much improved player.
The 2 incoming freshman announced to date - I am drooling over Jalen but this is NCAA and there may be growing pains. Enoch has size - something UConn needs.
Best of luck to the team on the NIT - could be a great stepping stone

Reaction Score
SMU built this year's success in part off a good NIT run last year. We've done the same in the past - 96-97 comes to mind.

History repeats itself, and there's another tournament to win. I want to watch this team five more times.

The problem with the 96-97 comparison is that team was extremely young, returned every major contributor, and added a major talent.

We're adding a major talent (Adams), but our team was 80% Boatright, and he's graduating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom