Their grades kept them from Division I. A junior college in Scranton offers one final shot. | The Boneyard

Their grades kept them from Division I. A junior college in Scranton offers one final shot.

Reaction Score
Interesting read on Lackawanna: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...offers-one-final-shot/?utm_term=.97dd434eb01f

>>As spring practices take place at big-time college football programs across the country, the scene at Lackawanna offers a distinct contrast. Academics are not only a focal point at this small, two-year junior college in downtown Scranton, they are the potential ticket out for former high school stars hanging on to dreams of playing Division I football. Players end up at this remote school for a variety of reasons, but for the majority it’s because their grades or test scores kept them from attending a major university.

Lackawanna, which has established itself as a junior college powerhouse and finished with an undefeated record last season, draws about a sixth of its roster from the D.C. area each season and represents the closest option for DMV stars — it’s a four-hour drive from Washington and a two-hour drive from Philadelphia — looking for one final chance to make it to the big time.

“Our guys are more of the long shots,” said Duda, who played at the University of Maryland and in the NFL and has been Lackawanna’s head coach since 1994. “When we got them, they were pretty damn good. It’s not like they weren’t good on the field. They were phenomenal players. They just weren’t phenomenal students.”<<

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With two recent transfers into UConn there is probably a decent chance that Guifre is hitting up Lackawanna either on his way home or to the greater Philadelphia metropolitan region. Harder to do that via commercial plane travel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom