The worst officiated game I ever attended | The Boneyard

The worst officiated game I ever attended

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That crew was a game changer, they were impact players, they thought they were the show. I've often heard Hess is a real , i saw first hand how bad he is.

Adams missing the first half cost us the game.

Facey fouled out in 14 minutes. He was taking over the 2nd half, Hess put an end yo that.

I was sitting a dozen rows behind Cronin, he was well out of the box the entire game, never received a warning. Yet 'n scumbags actually made Ollie sit down and gave him a warning.

These guys deserve to be universally disrespected, People lose their jobs for being as incompetent as they were, yet they'll be allowed to keep getting things horribly wrong until they retire

Reaction Score
Your last point is the important one. Something is wrong about the fact that this will be swept under the rug with zero public accountability and the players and coaches that got screwed are basically prohibited from commenting.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think it was them being afraid of Mick saying "blah blah it was a home game for them and they got every call."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think it was them being afraid of Mick saying "blah blah it was a home game for them and they got every call."

Yeah, whatever became of the home court advantage, where they tend to give the home team the benefit of the doubt on close calls, or at the very least the zebras let the players decide the outcome? Those stripesters took over the entire game as if it were a three ring circus and they were the self appointed ring leaders. A video of the entire game should become a mandatory part of the course curriculum at all officiating clinics, as an example of an off the charts extreme example of horrifically incompetent reffing.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Squeaky leprechaun gets the oil.
upload_2017-3-12_8-22-13.jpeg

Reaction Score
That was as ridiculously called a game as one could imagine, and the game was lost with the two totally unnecessary touch fouls on Adams for his first two.

But Facey fouled out because of Facey. His could were all obvious and would have been called in any game. He gets 100% of the blame for taking himself out of the season. And if it had been Brimah who fouled out in 14 minutes on those fouls -- it would be a bloodbath.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
In watching the game, at least 2 of Facey's fouls were also ridiculous calls. Especially the last one. I had to look at it 3 times and didn't see the foul. The 'hold' he got called for when there was 1 second on the shot clock for #4 was marginal, as was the 'push' OOB in the 1st half.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The ridiculous foul with 1 on the shot clock sealed our fate. Cincys "hardnosed" reputation let's them get away with a lot of the ticky tack off the ball and loose ball calls that killed us. When a team with their reputation does it, its physical good play, for us it's a foul. Three of Faceys calls were big WTF moments. The "push out of bounds" that play was right in front of Mick so obviously we weren't gonna get that one. The foul on the inbounds with 1 second left of course. Also there was a really strange play which honestly may not have been called a foul but it was weird regardless; The ball was rolling out of bounds off Cincy near the corner and Facey sealed off/boxed out a Cincy player so they couldn't save it. A fairly common thing you see almost every game. The ref makes some weird call/gesture thing and it's Cincy ball.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The hold on Facey with one second left was a hero call, it's what a horrible ref like Hess calls because he thinks he has to show us how great he is. He's a horrible ref looking to make a controversial call. He's a worthless POS

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On TV it was worse. It was as if they were making stuff up as they went along. The comment was,well UCONN and Cincinnati have had physical games in the past so they were trying to keep control. Actually, the common denominator has to be Cincy because frankly, we haven't had physical games with any other teams that required us to play in handcuffs. They had a problem with Xavier earlier. The reffing ruined any flow to the game, took Facey out and left us with Enoch who cannot play defense and Durham. Worst reffed game since sometime last season.

Reaction Score
Aside from the actual calls being right or wrong, it completely destroyed the game flow. Was hardly watchable.

Agreed. 2.5 hours for a CBB game that didn't go into OT or was stopped for some reason (injury, power failure, shattered backboard, etc) is ridiculous. The extra half hour was there just because of the officiating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom