OT: - "The Wolves" Play in Downtown Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: "The Wolves" Play in Downtown Hartford

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Since the people on this forum have a keen interest in at least one form of women's athletics, I would like to point out a very popular play that is at TheaterWorks in downtown Hartford until November 12. The title refers to a team of high school girls indoor soccer players as they play through their junior season while thinking about attracting the attention of college recruiters.

Except for one adult role for a person who is onstage for about 60 seconds, all of the actors are young women, some still undergraduates at local colleges. I thought that they gave a very realistic portrayal of high school female athletes.

If you live in the Hartford area, I highly recommend it. Warning: seats are scarce!

And finally, one tribute to JPM: the actors are designated in the program by their uniform numbers on the soccer team, and the team captain refers to her teammates by uniform number. Very occasionally names are mentioned, but basically their soccer identity (the only identity that the audience sees) is tied up in their uniform number.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom