The WNBA is great basketball | The Boneyard

The WNBA is great basketball

Reaction Score
Those of you who have not become interested in the W, watch now. There have been so many exciting, well-played games lately. The teams have been together awhile and so even the worst team is playing pretty good ball right now. They just beat number four in the standings.

Reaction Score
I agree! Really enjoying several teams especially the Sun Stars and Sky. I never thought Stephanie Dolson was this good. I knew she was smart but man is she playing well.
I haven't heard if Jasmine Thomas is ok or not. Hope she's not out long.

Reaction Score
Stef Dolson is just one of the former UConn players who is playing her best basketball ever. I think Renee Montgomery and Bria Hartley are both playing better than ever and that is fun to watch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I largely agree, however some teams who have "stars" at the guard spots (or players who think they are super stars), tend to play precious little team ball with a lot of ball hog dribbling around and jacking up shots. Very few teams in the NBA play "team ball" so it shouldn't be that big a surprise that teams in the W with "stars" would play a more selfish brand of hoops. The problem with that is that style is less fun to watch, and given that the women can't play above the rim, it tends to be more disjointed.

Still, love seeing high scoring games with lots of players putting up points. It does indeed make for a more enjoyable fan experience! Plus, so many of the former UCONN stars are simply lighting it up this year. THAT is even better to see!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom