The Wire | The Boneyard

The Wire

Reaction Score
Yup. Everytime I see someone else has watched it for the first time and loved it I am a bit envious. I think I have seen the whole series 3X. Top 5 TV show all time for me. Enjoy the rest!!

Reaction Score
I watched it three times and amazing each time.

First was watching it as it aired on HBO. Second was a binge watch with my wife who did not watch it with me the first time. Third was on Directv where they showed an episode a week for all five season. Three totally different ways, and wonderful each of the ways. Best show ever made

Reaction Score
Now that I can get HBO GO with my roku I am able to watch The Wire. Just finished season one. That show is every bit it was hyped up to be.

It really is a great show. Season 1 is outstanding and most would tell you that there is at least one (and maybe two) seasons left that are even better than the 1st.

Reaction Score
It really is a great show. Season 1 is outstanding and most would tell you that there is at least one (and maybe two) seasons left that are even better than the 1st.

Season 4 is the GOAT

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"The duckk did I do?" - Jimmy McNulty.

He says this at least once a season and everyone beside him knows exactly what the duckk he did in reference to the question.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I just finished season two. It was good, but season one was far better. The character development in season one was outstanding. They humanized some of the drug dealers and murderers. I found myself rooting for Walker, Omar, and D'Angelo. They paint a picture that makes it easy to believe that if these kids grew up in an affluent suburb, they'd become doctors or business leaders.

Starting season three this afternoon.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Season 3 and 4 are the best in my opinion. It depends on the mood I'm in which one is better.

Reaction Score
Season 2 was what made me think I was watching something truly special. A great show, changing what it was doing so greatly and still working at such a high level. Amazing.

Ziggy, that boy had something seriously wrong with him....

Reaction Score
A lot of people panned Season 2 as did I, until I watched it the second time. It was a great season, but as someone posted earlier I think seasons 3 and 4 were even better.

Reaction Score
Season 4 is prety much the best thing ever created. Some of those scenes will be seared into your memory forever.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Season 4 is the GOAT

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I just started s4 I'm at where that chick slashes another girl's face in Presbo's class and my buddy has told me the same thing s4 is one of the greatest seasons in tv history

Reaction Score
HBO replayed the entire series over the holidays. I DVR'd all of them and binge watched the first 3 seasons last week. About to start season 4! Great show. Omar is the man.

Reaction Score
I have watched and re-watched this show about 7 times. Each time i try to rank the seasons and my ranking changes every time. Season 2 went from my least favorite up to a close 2nd behind season 3.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
MilliniumPrince said:
I have watched and re-watched this show about 7 times. Each time i try to rank the seasons and my ranking changes every time. Season 2 went from my least favorite up to a close 2nd behind season 3.

Yeah. 3 is my favorite. But 4 is equally great and 2 is everyone's least favorite first time through but is so great on rewatches

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This could be 1 of the greatest shows of all time.

Reaction Score
Half way thru season 4....frickin brilliant show, and this specific season is outstanding.

Reaction Score
Yeah. 3 is my favorite. But 4 is equally great and 2 is everyone's least favorite first time through but is so great on rewatches

one was fantastic, it was after 2 where i knew i was watching one of the greatest shows ever. The only one I didnt think was completely fantastic was 5, though each view softened me more and more to it.

Not sure if I should do the new remaster or not.

Reaction Score
Season 2 gets a bad rap for some reason. I love season 2 with Ziggy and the Sobatkas, the Greek and all the regulars from season 1.

Reaction Score
Season 5 was deep and made sense with current events of the time, but after seasons 3 and 4 it never stood a chance.

August_West

Reaction Score
So I have watched this series almost 10 times through. My favorite show. My wife never watched it, finally got her to agree to give it a chance and we've been watching it together. We are on season 3 episode 10 right now and I just noticed something I never saw before 10 times through and its HUGE!!
I want to see if anyone noticed to it too, because it blew my mind
1) because of what it was
2) because through 10 watchings I never saw it!

Spoiler alert Don't read further if you haven't been through season 3 yet!

Episode 10 when brother mousone comes back to look for Omar, he sends his side kick Lamar into a gay bar as bait. There are a few scenes showing Lamar in the gay bar. In the last scene a guy puts his hands on Lamar and Lamar shoved him . The camera angle after the shove picks up the patrons lined up at the bar. One of the patrons is Rawls!!! Rawls is gay!

I don't think there is any other hint of that through all 5 seasons. The show is something else.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've just started to watch it. First time. (never had HBO back when it was on). It's not bad. I've only watched the first 4 episodes. Seems pretty good. I'll watch some more when I have the chance.

August_West

Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
I've just started to watch it. First time. (never had HBO back when it was on). It's not bad. I've only watched the first 4 episodes. Seems pretty good. I'll watch some more when I have the chance.

First 4 episodes are tough because it is setting up all the characters. Keep going!!!!

Best show of all time, seriously

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom