The Who | The Boneyard

The Who

Reaction Score
Not a big deal in the Grand Scheme, but I remember Toronto 1982 as being the "last concert The Who would play together" on thier Farewell Tour. Just got an email from MSG for thier 50th Anniversary "Farewell Tour".

Reaction Score
Tickets for their September, 2015 show in Oakland just went on sale this morning. $175/ticket for the best seats. I've been fortunate enough to see them play live a couple of times before, but can't see ponying up that kind of cash.

Reaction Score
Tickets for their September, 2015 show in Oakland just went on sale this morning. $175/ticket for the best seats. I've been fortunate enough to see them play live a couple of times before, but can't see ponying up that kind of cash.

honestly, I was kind of thinking of getting MSG tickets, but I fear that seeing these two old fossils performing will ruin my mental image of The Who forever.

Reaction Score
honestly, I was kind of thinking of getting MSG tickets, but I fear that seeing these two old fossils performing will ruin my mental image of The Who forever.

If you've never seen them before, I say go for it. They're older now, but it's still cool to see Pete do his trademark windmill guitar play and Daltrey's voice is still surprisingly strong. Hearing Baba O'Reilly alone would almost be worth the price of admission. My problem is the last time I saw them, my seats were so bad that I watched the entire show on the giant video screen and that just doesn't cut it anymore. If I was going to go, I'd need to buy good seats and the pricing is just a bit out of my reach right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I saw them live 25 years ago. I love the music, but I wouldn't say it was the best concert I have been to, and I get the feeling they have been mailing it in for a while.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

I saw them in MSG around 10 years ago and it was amazing. Add in that Robert Plant opened for them it was probably the best concert I have ever been to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's always a crapshoot if you see the legends play.

A sure fire guarantee is you are going to pony up the cash to see them

Less sure is the quality of the performance. Catch them on a good day and you get to re-live your youth. Catch them on a bad day and you tarnished your memories. Similar to watching aging golfers on the Senior PGA tour.

For what's it's worth, I'd put The Who up there with the Stones and Zeppelin well above the Beatles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom