Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We get a USA game at Gillette. :D

Guess I know where I'll be 7/10.

Reaction Score
I wonder if playing matches indoors in July in Phoenix indoors is a test to see if air conditioning can really save the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

Reaction Score
I thought it was interesting that Seattle and Portland didn't get dates. Can't be because of the turf issue because Gillette and Atlanta got dates.

The real prize will be hosting Copa America.

Reaction Score
[QUOMexico . Conehead, post: 1168301, member: 2141"]I wonder if playing matches indoors in July in Phoenix indoors is a test to see if air conditioning can really save the 2022 Qatar World Cup.[/QUOTE]
May Mexico melt in their Glendale match!

Reaction Score
The semis four years ago was in Houston and the roof was closed. The Qatar situation is that they plan on ACing open air stadiums.

Reaction Score
The semis four years ago was in Houston and the roof was closed. The Qatar situation is that they plan on ACing open air stadiums.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Lincoln is being used for the final while PPL (Philly Union) will be used for 3rd place.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Got mine for Foxboro. Eyeing Philly.

Reaction Score
As a season ticket holder I get dibs on the early sale. But there wasn't much left in Kansas City. Both Supporter's sections were sold out. Cheapest ticket available was 70 bucks. Thinking about traveling to another city as well.

Reaction Score
I should look, too, especially the final in Philly; but, there's a chance I maybe moving back to the Boston area over the summer, so not sure. A two hour drive from North Jersey to Lincoln is easy. A 6 hour drive from metro Boston to Lincoln, not so easy.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Join your local Outlaws chapter. They get first crack at the supporters section.

Reaction Score
Honduras qualified so they will be the last team in the US's group.

Reaction Score
So the groups are all set:
GROUP A: US, Panama, Honduras, Haiti (toughest of the 3 groups)
GROUP B: Costa Rica, Canada, El Salvador, Jamaica
GROUP C: Mexico, Trinidad, Guatamala, and Cuba (easiest of the 3 groups)

8 teams advance to the quarters... top 2 form each group and top 2 third place teams.
QF 1 - Group A winner plays Group B or C third place team in Baltimore
QF 2 - Group B winner plays Group A Runner Up in Baltimore
QF 3 - Group C winner plays Group A or B third place team at the Meadowlands
QF 4 - Group B runner up plays Group C runner up at the Meadowlands

For semi-finals QF1 v QF2, and QF3 v QF4 winners - both games in Atlanta

Finals in Philly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
US - MEXICO playing a friendly in San Antonio at the AlamoDome. Pitch looks awful And US Fielding a B+ side

Reaction Score
US - MEXICO playing a friendly in San Antonio at the AlamoDome. Pitch looks awful And US Fielding a B+ side

Mexico had a C side. Only true starter we had was Bradley who was the best player on the field. Beckerman is borderline nowadays.

We had an amateur score the winning goal and Agudelo had a sweet goal as well. I would say our squad was B minus-ish at best.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The only thing I took from last night is a glimmer of hope that I won't have to rely on Altidore as the starting forward in 2018

I liked the activity of both goal scorers, even before they scored. Zardes still looks overwelmed.

Nice stuff from Mix as well.

My preferred midfield right now is he, Bradley and Bedoya.

If everyone is healthy, I'd go with Bed pay under Mix and Bradley under Dempsey and either Altidore or Johansson. Though I'm quickly souring on Dempsey for looking past his prime and not connecting to the other players on the team. He's setting himself up to be Donovan'd in 2018.

There is a lot better interplay and movement without Jozy and Clint. The question is can the new guys produce against better sides, we've seen them come up short in those situations.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I only watched the first half and few minutes into the second. I was a bit under the weather last night and my family has a full weekend ahead.

The play was kind of sloppy and while the field was somewhat to blame, I wanted to reach thought the TV and hit Lalas over the head with a crow bar. All he could focus on was the playing surface. Yes, the surface was true awful, but 1) the match was played indoors under an non-retracable roof), 2) both sides had to endure. I don't recall who his announcing partner was but I thought he had a great line toward the end of the first half. It was something to the effect of, "Yes, the surface could be better indoors, but it could be worse. Like if we were outside in the snow." Translation: Shut the duckk up about the surface. Alexi. The match is televised, they can see its condition.

On the other hand, the optics won't support future high level international matches at indoor facilities.

Reaction Score
The only thing I took from last night is a glimmer of hope that I won't have to rely on Altidore as the starting forward in 2018

I liked the activity of both goal scorers, even before they scored. Zardes still looks overwelmed.

Nice stuff from Mix as well.

My preferred midfield right now is he, Bradley and Bedoya.

If everyone is healthy, I'd go with Bed pay under Mix and Bradley under Dempsey and either Altidore or Johansson. Though I'm quickly souring on Dempsey for looking past his prime and not connecting to the other players on the team. He's setting himself up to be Donovan'd in 2018.

There is a lot better interplay and movement without Jozy and Clint. The question is can the new guys produce against better sides, we've seen them come up short in those situations.

Bedoya is at his best for us when he plays on the right. Bradley and Altidore have a great connection and have been playing together since they were teenagers. And now they are club teammates. At this point, Jurgen is all about having him at the top of the diamond.

I like the prospects of an Altidore/Agudelo pairing.

We need another holding midfielder to step up. Beckerman and Jones are too long in the tooth, and Jones wanders around the field too much.

Reaction Score
I only watched the first half and few minutes into the second. I was a bit under the weather last night and my family has a full weekend ahead.

The play was kind of sloppy and while the field was somewhat to blame, I wanted to reach thought the TV and hit Lalas over the head with a crow bar. All he could focus on was the playing surface. Yes, the surface was true awful, but 1) the match was played indoors under an non-retracable roof), 2) both sides had to endure. I don't recall who his announcing partner was but I thought he had a great line toward the end of the first half. It was something to the effect of, "Yes, the surface could be better indoors, but it could be worse. Like if we were outside in the snow." Translation: Shut the duckk up about the surface. Alexi. The match is televised, they can see its condition.

On the other hand, the optics won't support future high level international matches at indoor facilities.

That playing surface was an atrocity. Club managers hate letting their players go and playing on garbage like that is just asking for an injury in an utterly meaningless game.

I hate Alexi Lalas. Dude, overeacts when we lose and overreacts when we win. There is no middle ground. That being said, the US dominated that one and Miguel Herrera acknowledged it, it was a good effort by our guys but that was to be expected.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Last night was the most intense I've seen us play in awhile. Mix had some really crunching tackles. Everyone seemed really amped up to beat Mexico. Hopefully that carries over to the Gold Cup. Field was horrible, but a fun game to watch. Always nice (and predictable) to beat Mexico, Dos a Cero.

Shea is starting to look more comfortable at RB. Not necessarily good, but comfortable. At least going forward. Yedlin had a pretty nice game, very involved all over the pitch. Good to see Morris and Agudelo score. Good to see USA not give up late goals.

Reaction Score
Last night was the most intense I've seen us play in awhile. Mix had some really crunching tackles. Everyone seemed really amped up to beat Mexico. Hopefully that carries over to the Gold Cup. Field was horrible, but a fun game to watch. Always nice (and predictable) to beat Mexico, Dos a Cero.

Shea is starting to look more comfortable at RB. Not necessarily good, but comfortable. At least going forward. Yedlin had a pretty nice game, very involved all over the pitch. Good to see Morris and Agudelo score. Good to see USA not give up late goals.

What's funny is that Morris and Agudelo were there because Altidore was suspended and Dempsey injured the other leg.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I found it interesting that the Mexican coach pulled his team to another location to practice because of the field conditions yet when he went to examine them when asked to for determining the game to be played he said it was fine. I forget the article I read it in but it was from the day of the game.

The field was truly awful but I'll take the win. This team needs all the momentum it can get, no matter the players we put out there or the players the other team puts out there. Was happy to see us win and glad to see some of the inexperienced players that we may need in 2018 get some playing time in a heated match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom