The Way Forward Lineup | The Boneyard

The Way Forward Lineup

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
As I drink a vodka tonic after another loss (to be fair I would have drank regardless), I read a post that said exactly what I want to see as our starting and featured lineup going forward.

Akok
Wilson
Bouk
CV1
Gaff

Our best chance to win any given game maybe not. I don’t care. Everyone on the floor can shoot and rebound (and if you say can’t shoot - no worse than the alternative I want off off the floor).

Far and away our most athletic lineup. Keeps Akok at the five hence at home on D in the lane vs getting dragged outside. Besides CV1 this is the future. 3-5 is an alleyoop waiting to happen.

Do the other 4 all pan out as the future? Maybe not but the present team (aka sub in Josh and AG) is not the answer. Same for Whaley. Maybe contributors but never the guys who will lead us to the promised land. If you clearly aren’t the answer and never will be (yes you Josh Isiah and AG) then time to move on. Accept a lesser role or don’t and find a new home. If our goal is to win championships, and for most of us that is the goal, this is the truth and needs to be accepted. If it might lead to an extra loss this year I don’t care. Being fairly mediocre means nothing to me, I want the long term goal. That’s it. At the expense of short term pain, fine.

Badams (as my son and I call him) falls in the middle. At least he might have a lot higher ceiling than you see from the other three.

I won’t go into detail into joshs and AGs myriad of drawbacks, if my seven year old knows them all by heart so does the rest of the yard. They are what they are.

I need another drink.

Reaction Score
Adams coming off the bench for good minutes as well. Whaley also could help but that’s about it

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Really sad to see what has happened to Josh. Great first half vs Nova but that’s it the past several games.

Reaction Score
As I drink a vodka tonic after another loss (to be fair I would have drank regardless), I read a post that said exactly what I want to see as our starting and featured lineup going forward.

Akok
Wilson
Bouk
CV1
Gaff

Our best chance to win any given game maybe not. I don’t care. Everyone on the floor can shoot and rebound (and if you say can’t shoot - no worse than the alternative I want off off the floor).

Far and away our most athletic lineup. Keeps Akok at the five hence at home on D in the lane vs getting dragged outside. Besides CV1 this is the future. 3-5 is an alleyoop waiting to happen.

Do the other 4 all pan out as the future? Maybe not but the present team (aka sub in Josh and AG) is not the answer. Same for Whaley. Maybe contributors but never the guys who will lead us to the promised land. If you clearly aren’t the answer and never will be (yes you Josh Isiah and AG) then time to move on. Accept a lesser role or don’t and find a new home. If our goal is to win championships, and for most of us that is the goal, this is the truth and needs to be accepted. If it might lead to an extra loss this year I don’t care. Being fairly mediocre means nothing to me, I want the long term goal. That’s it. At the expense of short term pain, fine.

Badams (as my son and I call him) falls in the middle. At least he might have a lot higher ceiling than you see from the other three.

I won’t go into detail into joshs and AGs myriad of drawbacks, if my seven year old knows them all by heart so does the rest of the yard. They are what they are.

I need another drink.
The only player over 200 lbs is CV

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score

Akok
Wilson
Bouk
CV1
Gaff

I need another drink.
yes, this 100%

pj

Reaction Score

That's the big concern, they can be beat up.

That lineup is really focused on developing for next year.

Reaction Score
When they showed the starting 5 lineups on TV. I noticed their whole team was over 200 only Uconn player starting over 200 was Carlton

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Yep. A small as heck lineup. However there is not a player on the team over 200 lb who has the potential to be a player on a championship contending UConn team. I am fine with short term pain for the sake of ultimately developing the players who will help us contend one day for a championship again.

Badams has shown enough growth where he is on that list.

Whaley, Josh, and AG have not. It is what it is.

Playing those 3 for the sake of maybe, maybe, being mediocre this year is not acceptable and not what I nor most UConn fans want.

Reaction Score
I like Akok at the 5. Takes advantage of his shot blocking skill and he can score. Downside is that he is going to get owned by bugs who can push him around like the kid from Tulsa did. But on the whole I think it is best position. Dumb to have him guarding a perimeter guy. Takes away his biggest strength.

We really need a big nasty rebounder though. I know Hurley likes guys who are long and lean but with a Kevin Freeman Jeff Adrian type would help out immensely.

I don’t love Adams. I think he is what he is. A very streaky player who brings energy off the bench but would not be too much of an asset playing starter minutes.

I actually feel the same about Wilson. Probably better off the bench in spurts than starter. He can and sometimes does things that are good but other times he is just taking up space.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom