The View from my Section (with apologies to Biz) | The Boneyard

The View from my Section (with apologies to Biz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Horrible crowd and horrible student showing. Far too many empty seats
2. Horrible game day experience again. Learned something today about the deal with IMG that would make many of you completely insane. Suffice it to say that former AD JH sold UConn's soul to IMG which is why our game day is so, in a word, horrible
3. Horrible job by the receivers...seven drops
4. Horrible job on specials coverage
5. Horrible tackling. This was the criticism of Don Brown's defense at Maryland. Aggressive but horrible tackling fundamentals. Saw it again today
6. Too many lack of focus penalties - false starts, running into the kicker etc.
7. Horrible job all around.

Two weeks to prepare and this is the outcome. This felt worse than leaving after the RU game two years ago. I used to wonder what the Syracuse people were talking about when they said that PP drained the life out of the program. Beginning to understand it a little better.

Reaction Score
2. Horrible game day experience again. Learned something today about the deal with IMG that would make many of you completely insane. Suffice it to say that former AD JH sold UConn's soul to IMG which is why our game day is so, in a word, horrible
5. Horrible tackling. This was the criticism of Don Brown's defense at Maryland. Aggressive but horrible tackling fundamentals. Saw it again today
6. Too many lack of focus penalties - false starts, running into the kicker etc.

Two weeks to prepare and this is the outcome. This felt worse than leaving after the RU game two years ago. I used to wonder what the Syracuse people were talking about when they said that PP drained the life out of the program. Beginning to understand it a little better.
No this wasn't PP's fault according to some, the players just didn't have heart. Can't wait to see PP's recruits! ;)

Reaction Score
For all his faults, Randy would light into the receivers, coach P just walked away. At some point you have to motivate or change people, really not a good scene today with players and coaches sulking.

Reaction Score

I think there was more than 7.This had to be the worst game I witnessed by a group of receivers.They showed a total lack of concentration.Catch before You run!On the other hand,Louisville's receivers showed their concentration on their big plays,which in turn,turned into scoring drives.What a lack luster game this was.:(

Reaction Score
2. Horrible game day experience again. Learned something today about the deal with IMG that would make many of you completely insane. Suffice it to say that former AD JH sold UConn's soul to IMG which is why our game day is so, in a word, horrible.

Security hit a new low for us today. We sit in the last row of a lower section. For three years the middle aged gentlemen next to us have put up a tarp on the railing, with Velcro, to block the wind. It works great and is appreciated by several people. We have never had any complaints. It blocks no ones view , it does no harm whatsoever. Well sometime in the 1st quarter, the secret service wannabees tell us to take it down. Why we asked? "Because we said so. " I asked them what rule it was breaking. No answer.
So I track down the guy that gave the order to take it down. I asked him why we had to take it down. Here was the genius answer " If we let you do this , where does it end?"
I was like "where does what end?". We put up a piece of plastic to block the wind, there is nothing else. We have no plans to bring a nuclear space heater or anything. It is not against the rules.

Truthfully, these knuckleheads are out of hand. You can smoke weed in the bathrooms but God forbid you do some harmless thing to try to keep yourself comfortable.

As we left, another cop wannabe actually made a guy carrying his little girl on his shoulders to take her down. Really?

I am more convinced than ever that we will NEVER have a fun atmosphere in that place as long as it is run by people that don't give a damn about the program or the fans.

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm. Through game 10 this is how team plays and its not on the coaches? Don't understand. Who is it on? Need to question coaches and players both, something not working and coaches are the ones who pick who plays and what offensive and defensive plays are called. Everything starts with coaching. The BE is terrible this year and we have an outside chance (I'm hoping outside) of ending up in last place.

F

fortebleedsblue

+1 on the tackling .... Don Brown doesn't impress me at all. He preaches 'solve your problems with aggression' to the point where our defense tries to blow everything up instead of fundamentally wrapping up. Anyone who has the guts to go back and re-watch the game will see exactly what I am talking about.

F

fortebleedsblue

Security hit a new low for us today. We sit in the last row of a lower section. For three years the middle aged gentlemen next to us have put up a tarp on the railing, with Velcro, to block the wind. It works great and is appreciated by several people. We have never had any complaints. It blocks no ones view , it does no harm whatsoever. Well sometime in the 1st quarter, the secret service wannabees tell us to take it down. Why we asked? "Because we said so. " I asked them what rule it was breaking. No answer.
So I track down the guy that gave the order to take it down. I asked him why we had to take it down. Here was the genius answer " If we let you do this , where does it end?"
I was like "where does what end?". We put up a piece of plastic to block the wind, there is nothing else. We have no plans to bring a nuclear space heater or anything. It is not against the rules.

Truthfully, these knuckleheads are out of hand. You can smoke weed in the bathrooms but God forbid you do some harmless thing to try to keep yourself comfortable.

As we left, another cop wannabe actually made a guy carrying his little girl on his shoulders to take her down. Really?

I am more convinced than ever that we will NEVER have a fun atmosphere in that place as long as it is run by people that don't give a damn about the program or the fans.

Don't get me started. I had to deal with No Neck when I was a student. I'm sure people on here know exactly who No Neck is. We went from throwing students up for touchdown celebrations to just standing there trying not to be too loud. Heck before the game during tailgating they have people on the roof with binoculars looking for illegal games of beer pong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Skiblets you are on the right track. Horrible isn't strong enough for #1.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't get me started. I had to deal with No Neck when I was a student. I'm sure people on here know exactly who No Neck is. We went from throwing students up for touchdown celebrations to just standing there trying not to be too loud. Heck before the game during tailgating they have people on the roof with binoculars looking for illegal games of beer pong.

Forte, I post the email that the athletic department sent me about 'No Neck', but I can tell you that I had my tickets moved because of him.

Reaction Score
Skiblets you are on the right track. Horrible isn't strong enough for #1.

Our fanbase today deserved the level of play it got. That was an embarassing effort by students, fans and alumni alike. We are probably further from having BCS championship fan support than we are from having BCS championship coaching.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Our fanbase today deserved the level of play it got. That was an embarassing effort by students, fans and alumni alike. We are probably further from having BCS championship fan support than we are from having BCS championship coaching.

There may have only been 3,000 people left in the building at the end. I thought the attendance would be decent as long as there was decent weather. Today was a pathetic embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Come on on! You mean HCPP wasn't a good hire. He's only 62. . . He'll get better. Or maybe Randy didn't know under-the-radars. Maybe that was code for "that's all I could get".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There may have only been 3,000 people left in the building at the end. I thought the attendance would be decent as long as there was decent weather. Today was a pathetic embarrassment.

I have to admit I don't have a problem with people leaving early when the team doesn't show heart or effort. I'd rather fans show disapproval with their feet than by booing the players.

Maybe the fans, players and coaches had their PMS cycles synched up and no one was in a festive mood. I don't know.

Reaction Score
Here's a thought . . . When Randy. Edsall leaves UConn should hire a younger coach who will put some excitement into the game. You know . . . Uconn 52 Louisville 45 . Something like that.

Reaction Score
Here's a thought . . . When Randy. Edsall leaves UConn should hire a younger coach who will put some excitement into the game. You know . . . Uconn 52 Louisville 45 . Something like that.

Would you care if we had the same record as long as the losses were exciting?

Reaction Score

Dorms closed yesterday, many students are home. I was their today and many of the chairbacks were empty. A great weather day for New England in November. Where was everyone?

Reaction Score
The best thing about today's game was the online link, but wait a sec if i did not have that link i would not have seen that pile of sh&t, maybe the link was the worse thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have to admit I don't have a problem with people leaving early when the team doesn't show heart or effort. I'd rather fans show disapproval with their feet than by booing the players.

Maybe the fans, players and coaches had their PMS cycles synched up and no one was in a festive mood. I don't know.

I guess people have crystal balls. They knew not to come in the first place.

Reaction Score
Would you care if we had the same record as long as the losses were exciting?

Yeah if I knew a loss was inevitable. . . I'd prefer that UConn looked like a college football team. Would it be asking too much if I asked that they look like a BCS team?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know why TD Husky doesn't adopt Baylor. He can sit through 5 hour 56-49 losses every week.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In a perfect world... TDH would have to sit through the Miami/USF game today.

Reaction Score
Yeah if I knew a loss was inevitable. . . I'd prefer that UConn looked like a college football team. Would it be asking too much if I asked that they look like a BCS team?

I don't think you watch a lot of BCS teams beyond the top tier ones, tbh. There's a lot of bad football played, even in BCS conferences.

Reaction Score
1. Horrible crowd and horrible student showing. Far too many empty seats HEY, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM THE CROWD WITH THIS PROGRAM?

2. Horrible game day experience again. Learned something today about the deal with IMG that would make many of you completely insane. Suffice it to say that former AD JH sold UConn's soul to IMG which is why our game day is so, in a word, horrible. WHAT DID YOU LEARN?
3. Horrible job by the receivers...seven drops ABSOLUTELY. I THOUGHT IT WAS MORE THAN THAT. SEVEN IS CONSERVATIVE.
4. Horrible job on specials coverage. YEP.
5. Horrible tackling. This was the criticism of Don Brown's defense at Maryland. Aggressive but horrible tackling fundamentals. Saw it again today. THE WORLD'S WORST TACKLER IS NO. 7, GRATZ. HEAD DOWN, ARMS IN. IF HE GETS A TACKLE, IT'S BY MISTAKE.

HOW IS THIS PP'S FAULT? AT LEAST 10 DROPS IS NOT PP'S FAULT. RUN BACK KICKOFF IS NOT PP'S FAULT. HE MAY NOT BE THE ANSWER, BUT SOME THINGS ARE NOT HIS FAULT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom