The very short and too Casual Hawks ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

The very short and too Casual Hawks ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I found a new level to add to my casual fan list last night. The guy who watches with no sound and doesn't actually pay much attention to the game for long stretches.
  2. Visited the chat room. That was more depressing than watching the game.
  3. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team start as poorly as UConn did last night. I AM sure that I don't ever want to see it out of our team again.
  4. What happened to the Brendan and Sid 2.0 we saw last week. They were right back in last season's form. Between them, they produced 5 points, 3 boards, 2 assists and a block. And Brendan managed to foul out in 11 minutes.
  5. Where was Polley in the 1st half? I mean where was the whole team, but Polley went from being a total non-factor to 4 for 4 from three in the 2nd half with 3 blocks and got a couple boards. Needs to find some offensive aggression on a steadier basis.
  6. Vital's shot was off. Way off. But he still puts in the effort, which is more than I can say for a lot of guys last night. He got himself to the line and made 13 of 14 there. And 16 boards? That would be impressive for a big, never mind a guard. Of course chucking up 21 shots when you're not hitting kind of offsets the good, but at least his effort is always there.
  7. Akok. Yay. 32 minutes for 9 boards, 12 points and 3 blocks. There's a ton of promise there.
  8. Carlton. Sleep walked through this one.
  9. Thanks to Gilbert, Vital and Akok, we had a good night from the foul line, going better than 76% as a team, to St. Joe's 57%.
  10. Except for that 4 minute flurry mid-second half, there was precious little to not be dejected and discouraged about last night. But that little flurry looked almost like UConn basketball. Between 12:38 and 8:22, we cut the deficit from 20 points to 3. Almost looked like we were going to sustain it. And then pfffft.
  11. Praying that last night was an aberration, and we won't see a lack of effort and commitment like that again.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom