The use of timeouts | The Boneyard

The use of timeouts

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Is there a reason why we didn’t use a timeout in the first half except when we used to for the last shot of the half? We went 10 minutes without a tv timeout, we were down by ~10, and our guys were gassed.

Why doesn’t Hurley use timeouts in the first half? We are clawing our way back into most games. This is a constant theme. If it’s because we don’t have a bench then take it to stop the momentum of the opponent

Reaction Score
Is there a reason why we didn’t use a timeout in the first half except when we used to for the last shot of the half? We went 10 minutes without a tv timeout, we were down by ~10, and our guys were gassed.

Why doesn’t Hurley use timeouts in the first half? We are clawing our way back into most games. This is a constant theme. If it’s because we don’t have a bench then take it to stop the momentum of the opponent
I don't get it either. He also refuses to use them when we have a lead that starts dwindling

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is there a reason why we didn’t use a timeout in the first half except when we used to for the last shot of the half?
Yes

Reaction Score
So I guess you didn't learn your lesson from the last time you posted this thread a few days ago? Yesterday seems like a time he could have used one, but as has been explained to you numerous times already it hasn't been an issue this year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So I guess you didn't learn your lesson from the last time you posted this thread a few days ago? Yesterday seems like a time he could have used one, but as has been explained to you numerous times already it hasn't been an issue this year
No need to get heated here. It’s a question that people are wondering.
Do we get shadow banned for asking these questions?

I wouldn’t ask them if it didn’t happen time and time again. And in the last thread from Sunday, i said he took the timeout near the tv timeout after DePaul went on a 20-6 run.

A 20-6 run on Sunday. And we can’t ask why we didn’t take a time out??

Tuesday from 15:09 -7:40 we scored 6 points. After our last basket Creighton took a timeout. From 7:40 -5:11 we scored one basket. No one should be content and happy with that.

It’s it’s not just that we didn’t score. We looked horrendous and didn’t take a timeout. It’s a reoccurring theme that doesn’t get addressed

Reaction Score
No need to get heated here. It’s a question that people are wondering.
Do we get shadow banned for asking these questions?

I wouldn’t ask them if it didn’t happen time and time again. And in the last thread from Sunday, i said he took the timeout near the tv timeout after DePaul went on a 20-6 run.

A 20-6 run on Sunday. And we can’t ask why we didn’t take a time out??

Tuesday from 15:09 -7:40 we scored 6 points. After our last basket Creighton took a timeout. From 7:40 -5:11 we scored one basket. No one should be content and happy with that.

It’s it’s not just that we didn’t score. We looked horrendous and didn’t take a timeout. It’s a reoccurring theme that doesn’t get addressed
But my point is that you asked this question, you were proven wrong and admitted as much, and now a few days later are back talking about it as a recurring issue again. But I look forward to your super clever "Bump" post on this thread 10 games from now when it happens again, while you ignore everything in between

Reaction Score
I also don't get the using them on every possession at the end when they have them. I know it's to draw up plays, but it ends up being let RJ drive and improvise almost every single times and the other team knows it is coming.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand how a coach doesn’t use every TO every half even if just for inbounds plays, 2 for 1’s etc

Reaction Score
I honestly think Danny has limited big picture game flow awareness. He’s too busy micromanaging the floor to recognize momentum shifts and when things are getting away from him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom