The use of cliches | The Boneyard

The use of cliches

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that some posters heavily rely on the use of cliches to express an opinion? I think they find it tough to get through one post without spouting a time worn cliche. But I am going to give it 110% and give it the old college try to get through those posts. There is no I in team.

When those Uconn diaper dandies get the rock this year, I will be right there beside them cheering on my Alma Mater. I trust they will get to the big dance and leave no stone unturned to get there. If the refs let them play, it will be a track meet.

If they bring their A game and step to the challenge all will be well when the final whistle blows.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
5e8.jpg

Reaction Score
Have you noticed that some posters heavily rely on the use of cliches to express an opinion? I think they find it tough to get through one post without spouting a time worn cliche. But I am going to give it 110% and give it the old college try to get through those posts. There is no I in team.

When those Uconn diaper dandies get the rock this year, I will be right there beside them cheering on my Alma Mater. I trust they will get to the big dance and leave no stone unturned to get there. If the refs let them play, it will be a track meet.

If they bring their A game and step to the challenge all will be well when the final whistle blows.

You can take that to the bank --no true-er statement has ever been made--if it was a dog it would have bitten you--that Some (certainly NOT me!!) rely on "old saws" to preach like spring chickens--that dog won't hunt, and that duck won't cluck--
It depends upon how you spell TEAIM ---Uconn has had a number of "I" teams, where one leader carried the load alone--most recently in Stewies Frosh year--she was the I in team, in the NCAA.
It may be argued about the "I" --because it is an opinion--to me DT and Stew and Maya--in big games became "I"/s .

Some day --you may learn some Cliches--until then I'll continue to read your mundane--un-cliched poetry of words. Hey--join the crowd--the water is fine!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hey there friend---you are the kinda guy that would complain if'n you wuz hung with a new rope.
Like 3 buzzards circling a herd of dead pigs.
I'd complain if I was being hung with an old rope. For a short while anyway.

Reminds me of an old joke. An man walks up to an old westerner sitting on his porch. The man notices a rope hanging from the side of the house and asks the westerner what its for. The westerner replies, "Well that's my weather forecaster". "How's that?", asks the man. "Well", says the westerner, "When it's swinging it's windy. When it's wet it's rainin'. If there's snow on it it's snowin'. Hasn't failed me yet".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It may be argued about the "I" --because it is an opinion--to me DT and Stew and Maya--in big games became "I"/s .

There is no "I" in team, but there is in win.

Reaction Score

Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way.:D

Reaction Score
I'd complain if I was being hung with an old rope. For a short while anyway.

Reminds me of an old joke. An man walks up to an old westerner sitting on his porch. The man notices a rope hanging from the side of the house and asks the westerner what its for. The westerner replies, "Well that's my weather forecaster". "How's that?", asks the man. "Well", says the westerner, "When it's swinging it's windy. When it's wet it's rainin'. If there's snow on it it's snowin'. Hasn't failed me yet".
During my time in OKLA, on Sat nite when REAL cowboys came to town--to them this was life (your rope story) --practical and very very tough guys. I didn't do much fun--funny things with them, but they did have their own sense of humor..
During my tenure in Arkansas---I heard many of those Homilies --home boy--phrases--each took a bit of time to sink in. To top it off there was a lady, real lady, from West Virginia--who once asked me if this was the least of my children---I had no answer. As I thought about it I said--none are the least --they are all the same to me----she meant was this my youngest child. I remember when Sick Willy wasn't some well know guy--but a pool parlor, BBQ, beer parlor in Downtown L.R.
Ask Magy Cannon --I bet she has more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Have you noticed that some posters heavily rely on the use of cliches to express an opinion?
I have no idea what you are talking about. :eek::eek:
Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. UConn for whatever reason was out of sorts almost from the jump. Guard rebounding is and has always been UCONN's game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Where there's a will there's a Shakespeare. If at first you don't succeed and the going gets tough, you can always search for that needle in the haystack. Keep your chin up. No skin off my nose. Although I'm undecided whether to acknowledge the monkey on my back or the elephant in the room. A winner never quits when life's a bowl of cherries. Now, when you're lost at sea at least you're not up a creek. Though when the fit hits the shan you may want to either put your head in the sand or paint yourself into a corner. So wash your hands of the whole affair. Or change your spots. It's a coin flip.

Reaction Score
I thought I'd see what the thread was about, but after reading the posts I realized, hey, not my circus, not my monkeys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom