The unnoticed Pain in the Butt and Geno's Pain | The Boneyard

The unnoticed Pain in the Butt and Geno's Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“We’re not quite sure what it is,” Williams said. “We’re going to figure out what it is in the next couple of days before anything gets worse. It’s not my knee. It’s not anything with joints. It’s all muscle we think."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Every time I see a UConn player--especially Gabby--on the bike, I start to worry. I hope this is really, really, really minor.

Reaction Score
Time for Muffet to tweet "believe me, I've been there" (shades of 2014 NC game)

Reaction Score
This has been a few games in a row and went back into the game

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It sounds like a pulled or strained hammy. Unfortunately the only real cure for hamstrings are rest. I've pulled both at separate times. The first time I literally felt it snap off of the bone and wiggle in my leg. Yeah, it hurt.

Reaction Score
Time for Muffet to tweet "believe me, I've been there" (shades of 2014 NC game)[/QUOT

Without UCONN, Muffet is THE coach of the 21st Century, guiding loaded teams through undefeated (until the last games) seasons. Watching her teams fall apart in final fours against the Huskies remains the best of retributions. 15 years of knocking at the doors of South Bend immortality could well yield Muffet's holy grail. This could be her best team ever, with a talented big, scorers at every position and high-school all Americans on the bench, what's not to like? But she can't start 10 players. Ranked number one, McGraw can't cry poor mouth, or talk about a tough draw or the absence of parity. She will be the favorite from now until her expected final four and double-digit point spread. Hopefully, her obvious advantages spawns complacency at a critical moment against those upstarts from Storrs, maybe not now, but at a later critical juncture.

Reaction Score
Without UCONN, Muffet is THE coach of the 21st Century, guiding loaded teams through undefeated (until the last games) seasons
Absolutely no argument that Moffet is the 2nd best coach in WCBB. I admire her program greatly. But, without Geno, she would hardly be THE coach of the 21st Century. There wouldn't be THE coach. Moffit would be primus inter pares. As primus, she is simply not that much better than others. You've made the case against her yourself when you qualify "until the last games."

There is Geno and Pat, and then there is everyone else. Folks who claim that Geno is ruining WCBB are in for a very rude awakening after he retires: unless there is a successor to him--someone like him and Pat who combines athletic genius with an outsized personality--much of the public excitement, that is, for everyone but for boosters and the truly devoted, may well be gone from the game.

Last edited:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I think Geno addressed it very well in his post-game presser. The lack of focus and at times effort is a product of success. These young women don't know adversity at Connecticut, seniors Saniya Chong and Tierney Lawlor have lost exactly 1 game in their entire college careers, if you remove Azura and Batuoly[sic], no player on the current roster has lost a college game at Connecticut. It's a credit to the players and the program, but as Geno aptly put it, "they need their asses kicked."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom