The Unfair Catch Game is on ESPN Classic | The Boneyard

The Unfair Catch Game is on ESPN Classic

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And there it is.

I was still officiating high schools games back then. I had Northwest Catholic the next day and when we doing our pregame prep it came up. I pointed out how bad a call it was and I was reprimanded for criticising a fellow official.

Reaction Score
I miss seeing a defense that could cover and tackle, and a ground and pound attack, Dixon was a beast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 'Unfair Catch' is such a great name that everyone ended up forgetting that Louisville muffed a punt late in the 3rd that Branch recovered for a TD and in one of the stranger calls you'll ever see they give Louisville the ball at the 16.

You also get to hear: "This is why Brian Brohm is going to be a good NFL player". Then you get to hear Sean McDonough argue he should win the Heisman.

They are showing Mel Kiper's top 5 QBs for the draft: John David Booty was 4th.

These two chuckleheads are now saying anyone in the top 10 who passes on Brohm is making a mistake, and that fans of 20 NFL teams would say he'd make them better at QB today.

Brian Brohm in the NFL:
3 games in 3 seasons. 27-52 for 252 yards. 0 TDs/5 Interceptions

Whoever programmed this game for Classic is trolling.

Reaction Score
The 'Unfair Catch' is such a great name that everyone ended up forgetting that Louisville muffed a punt late in the 3rd that Branch recovered for a TD and in one of the stranger calls you'll ever see they give Louisville the ball at the 16.

You also get to hear: "This is why Brian Brohm is going to be a good NFL player". Then you get to hear Sean McDonough argue he should win the Heisman.

These two chuckleheads are now saying anyone in the top 10 who passes on Brohm is making a mistake, and that fans of 20 NFL teams would say he'd make them better at QB today.

Brian Brohm in the NFL:

You also get to hear: "This is why Brian Brohm is going to be a good NFL player". Then you get to hear Sean
McDonough argue he should win the Heisman.

Brian Brohm in the NFL:

Exactly like Uconn has never gotten screwed by the officials. It is very funny hearing about Brohm looking back on it now, you wonder how it would have worked out had Petrino stayed with the Falcons imagine them taking Brohm ahead of Matt Ryan now lol. Well the NFL scouts nailed that projection, and Kiper was right. Brohm should've left after his Jr year, while its honorable to come back for your Sr year it wasn't the smartest thing to do if your a 1st round pick you go. He was around a lot of great talent at Lville.

Reaction Score
"UNFAIR catch??" Tell it to the refs - they're the ones that not only blew the call, but gave Taylor bad info to begin with about putting his arm up halfway.

In retrospect of what happened to the fortunes of these two athletic programs in the following ten years, not only do I not feel the least bit bad about it, but UofL deserves to get screwed a whole lot worse for all the crap that garbage scow of a university did to whore its way to the ACC.

Latest news now is that Pitino kept nearly all the Adidas money himself that was funneled in. Yeah, talk to us again about your moral high ground and what's "unfair," Louisville.

Reaction Score
Exactly like Uconn has never gotten screwed by the officials. It is very funny hearing about Brohm looking back on it now, you wonder how it would have worked out had Petrino stayed with the Falcons imagine them taking Brohm ahead of Matt Ryan now lol. Well the NFL scouts nailed that projection, and Kiper was right. Brohm should've left after his Jr year, while its honorable to come back for your Sr year it wasn't the smartest thing to do if your a 1st round pick you go. He was around a lot of great talent at Lville.

Especially when you come back to get a degree from the 165th ranked public university in the country.....

Reaction Score
I miss seeing a defense that could cover and tackle, and a ground and pound attack, Dixon was a beast.

So many great things in that game, but I really remember that game as a breakout event for Dixon! I saw him in the parking lot after the game which I was really surprised to see. He was just walking around in Grey lot and I told him what a great game he played. He was very humble and thanked me. Seemed like a great kid. He was definaterly one of my favorites.

Reaction Score
Louisville is a scumbag program. ACC needs to expel them - and pick up UConn, a program that will do things the right way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom