"The UConn women are ruthless" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The UConn women are ruthless"

Reaction Score
At one point during the broadcast, Meg was saying that MSU needed to slow the game down. But a team scoring 100 points a game doesn’t want to slow down, even if that’s what they need to do. But it was so obvious they couldn’t run with UConn — I rewound a few of the fast breaks, and while MSU obviously has the speed, they weren’t organized. There was one where they had the numbers down the court, but Reimer didn’t mark Z, who just ran by her, got the pass, and made the layup uncontested. Another when they had a 2-on-1, and Crystal intercepted a sloppy pass.
Reimer is an old lady---she played against Dolson, and lost. If she thought knowing Uconn then could help her now---MISTAKE. Reimer's loss for ND was a big deal--but she then was not as mobile as her Uconn counterparts. For as long as she has been around she ran up and down but not matching Ms Stevens!! She had better luck under the basket with Napheesa, but not Gabby.

Reaction Score
Well, actually, he most certainly did. It's an astonishing dumb argument. Here's what's written:

That’s all there is to do — fight the good fight, tip your cap and play for second place. Someday, when this dynasty dies, women’s basketball can take off. Parity is waiting.
“The first couple possessions, you kind of get a feel of that speed and that length, of how hard they play,” MSU sophomore point guard Taryn McCutcheon said. “For the rest of the game, you know it’s going to be like that. This team is like a machine.”

The author says that WCBB will improve because of parity. Then he quotes McCutcheon as saying that UConn just plays harder and better. So, what he's really saying is that once the dynasty is over, there won't be a team trying to play harder and better and that (somehow!!) WCBB will "take off". You just have to shake you head at this crap.
Just like when Nick Saban leaves Alabama and Coach K leaves Duke there will be more parity in those sports! College Football, why not have a real college playoff with the top 16 teams and use the top bowls through the playoffs! That is only 15 bowl games for the playoffs for the top money! Who wants to watch 6-6 teams play a game that should be prestigious in some way! I miss the 4 or 5 bowl games on New Years with the Best teams in the country! Anybody else miss those games?

Reaction Score
Reimer is an old lady---she played against Dolson, and lost. If she thought knowing Uconn then could help her now---MISTAKE. Reimer's loss for ND was a big deal--but she then was not as mobile as her Uconn counterparts. For as long as she has been around she ran up and down but not matching Ms Stevens!! She had better luck under the basket with Napheesa, but not Gabby.
She looked out of shape BV, absolutely!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, actually, he most certainly did. It's an astonishing dumb argument. Here's what's written:

That’s all there is to do — fight the good fight, tip your cap and play for second place. Someday, when this dynasty dies, women’s basketball can take off. Parity is waiting.
“The first couple possessions, you kind of get a feel of that speed and that length, of how hard they play,” MSU sophomore point guard Taryn McCutcheon said. “For the rest of the game, you know it’s going to be like that. This team is like a machine.”

The author says that WCBB will improve because of parity. Then he quotes McCutcheon as saying that UConn just plays harder and better. So, what he's really saying is that once the dynasty is over, there won't be a team trying to play harder and better and that (somehow!!) WCBB will "take off". You just have to shake you head at this crap.
C'mon bags. That ain't talkin' out of both sides of your mouth. That's talkin' out you a**.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

At least he didn't say, UConn Women's Basketball is bad for the sport? :rolleyes:

Actually the original on line run on title ended with "-Bad For The Sport", but it was quickly deleted. Couch is trying to emulate a certain jerk in Boston.

Reaction Score
“They’re just the gold standard,” Merchant said. “There’s kind of UConn and everybody else.

Reaction Score
Begs for a caption this! Gabby: "You don't deserve us." Phee ""This is boring." Kia: "I kill you." Katie Lou: "Aren't my eyes beautiful."
Kia: "I'll hit you with my head and knock you out. Ask MoJeff."

Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score

The article's point - there is no parity in WCBB. Using MS's record as the metric to compare it to UConn and the eventual (and completely predictable) outcome of the MS/UConn game is just false equivalency. You really want to measure your team's position in the WCBB world by beating 4 'mid-major' schools convincingly??? In the real world you beat 4 patsies.
You may have a very nice team but you aren't there yet.

Reaction Score
What struck me with the picture: 3 had very stern faces, mean. But Napheesa as stern as she could look---looked lovable. Not a thing about that face could scare anyone!!

She is the female version of Tim Duncan (not comparing her to a man to validate her greatness). They both look so pleasant and unassuming; then you look up and realize they have gutted you for 24 and 12 and you can't remember how the hell it happened.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If it makes everyone feel better Geno just added a new recruit.

dc91cf5b5d8dbfdc8271fe6c0abff64fc4bf05cc4545a0c4c8a68b0c5c9c4ff6.jpg

Reaction Score
I was gonna comment there aren't that many people naming their daughters Ruth anymore. I imagine most teams are Ruth less.
well we could go the hip hop route..like T.Ruth. Or even that yankee guy named Ruth, who turned out to be a Babe.

Reaction Score
Someday, when this dynasty dies, women’s basketball can take off. Parity is waiting.

Waitaminute...

Didn't our losing the championship last year drain the air outa the "no parity" balloon??

We've PAID our dues to the "hey those guys are humanafterall" club, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom