I'm a Porsche with no brakes
I'm invincible
Yeah, I win every single game
I'm so powerful
I don't need batteries to play
I'm so confident
Yeah, I'm unstoppable today"

Reaction Score
This is typically GENO's time of the year! No one has his FF or NC experiences. He's won when expected. He has won more often when he wasn't expected to do so.
I've said, since Fudd played again, the FF is highly probable, the NC is only Possible. Add a healthy Paige, Ice--I'd bet my Vega.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is typically GENO's time of the year! No one has his FF or NC experiences. He's won when expected. He has won more often when he wasn't expected to do so.
I've said, since Fudd played again, the FF is highly probable, the NC is only Possible. Add a healthy Paige, Ice--I'd bet my Vega.
That and $2.00 would buy you a $2.00 ticket here in Vegas.;)

Reaction Score
How has he won more often when not expected? Geno said it himself that the reason they win so much in March is because they generally show up to the tourney with the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
How has he won more often when not expected? Geno said it himself that the reason they win so much in March is because they generally show up to the tourney with the best team in the country.
In 2004, UConn definitely didnt have the best team or talent, but they had DT. Tenn was heavily favored in the Title game I believe. In 2013, UConn upset ND in the Semis on to the Title. Only times I can remember geno pulling off upsets to win in the Tourney.

Reaction Score
In 2004, UConn definitely didnt have the best team or talent, but they had DT. Tenn was heavily favored in the Title game I believe. In 2013, UConn upset ND in the Semis on to the Title. Only times I can remember geno pulling off upsets to win in the Tourney.
Also, the 1995 Title against Tenn. was probably an upset win.

Reaction Score
As long as our Top 7 is healthy, we have a good shot!
The article mentions Aubrey hasn't practiced much since the BET when she had back spasms. I think the team is likely trying to be as cautious as possible with both her and Caroline as they manage some symptoms/issues.

When the game tips off on Saturday, it will have been over 11 days since their last game and hopefully plenty of time for the team to be rested and healed.

This year has been a rollercoaster, but I'm so excited to see what this team can do in the tournament!

Reaction Score
I agree. They are ready for the next game. I hope they don't have those moments when the offense doesn't seem to "see" opportunities. If they do, I hope to see them "solve" it within a possession or two.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
You know we are READY!!!

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Reaction Score
I believe it was 2004 when we beat a great Texas team in the semis. If not for Dianas great plays in the second half, we would not have made the NC game. Texas was big and very physical and we were lucky to get by them.
Ann Strother had a great, timely play in that game as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom