The UCONN of cross county | The Boneyard

The UCONN of cross county

Reaction Score
Apparently the question of "is this dominant program good for the sport?" is not just limited to the pages of the W. As Medals Pile Up, Norway Worries: Are We Winning Too Much?

Personally, I find these arguments to be red herrings set forth from a for-profit media obsessed with ratings. This article, and others like them, conflate ratings with the advancement of the sport. People are drawn to drama like months to a flame. And dominant programs may enjoy competitions with less dramatic conclusions. But do they result in a deterioration of the sport? Are the Norwegian's technique and conditioning worse than in Sochi? I doubt it.

After 15 years of dominating WCBB, the quality of game played by UCONN continues to improve and impress. And in my opinion, the entertainment value of the product is no less engaging than the days of "I justed to hit something orange".

Dominant programs shouldn't fret about the level of competition, only the level of their performance. Norwegians, enjoy the beauty of your favorite sport. Embrace the domination.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom