The UConn Huskies Have a SERIOUS PROBLEM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The UConn Huskies Have a SERIOUS PROBLEM

Reaction Score
. . . To me the WNBA isn't a great career for a college grad. That is why I sometimes wonder why top talent goes to Duke or Stanford I guess the obvious answer is they aren't thinking WNBA???
And that’s why I fear us losing 2024 instate prospect Joyce Edwards.

Reaction Score
Who says the "bigs" players on the bench are great? You know they are great?
I think he was referring to MY post on using the two 6 ft 5 players on the bench. If he had replaced the word PLAYERS with KIDs would you have asked this question ? I wondered out loud, in a post about, something like, if all else fails, why not give those 2 6ft 5 inch players an opportunity to fail or succeed.
Playing time is time that hones those attributes players learn in practice. Obviously, it is no place for teaching much. Practicing against teammates or practice players teaches them the moves and abilities. If the Practicing team emulates the moves of other teams, fantastic. Diversity in all things in life is what makes one a better person, a better student and a better player. Geno has done this job for near 40 years, nuff sed.

Reaction Score
Stewie and Tuck may not have been true posts, but there were none that they couldn't handle.
To a great extent I agree. I must add, if Stokes and/or Dolson weren't there to go against ND's 3 front line players would Uconn have won the NC that year? The point is neither Tuck nor Stewie were Geno's first team posts. Dolson was the one that got stuck with defending Griner in her Frosh year. When Stewie came along Dolson was experienced. Unless my memory slipped a 4 year cog. In Stewies freshman year how many times did ND beat them??

Reaction Score
Time to move on from South Carolina game but realistically the score did not represent how the game went….SC got lots of bounces their way….6 points were given away on inbounds in the backcourt …tired and careless, take that away and is winnable or at least down to the wire.
My analysis of players
Paige is Paige ….greatness
CW in big games that really mean something presses and forces shots and her actions hurt the team….but she is a cog.
Liv….is good on D but erratic in scoring cannot score on her own
Edwards physical but still not dominant
Dorka very fundamental but you can tell she is hesitant as wants to deferred to established players…she will come along
Evina is so steady and calm she is good
Azzi is not Paige no one is but she too can break out….talent is there
And Aubrey will definitely will help with her D , length and physical play
Nika is limited on offense but good for defensive stops
Lots of good coming for this team
Please no haters just see the positive

Reaction Score
I must add, if Stokes and/or Dolson weren't there to go against ND's 3 front line players would Uconn have won the NC that year? The point is neither Tuck nor Stewie were Geno's first team posts. Dolson was the one that got stuck with defending Griner in her Frosh year. When Stewie came along Dolson was experienced. Unless my memory slipped a 4 year cog. In Stewies freshman year how many times did ND beat them??
I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make and the season you are referring to. If you take away UCONN's experienced center in Dolson, of course it's going to hurt. So if UCONN loses a 1st team All_American center without a significant replacement with Stewie and Tuck being young vs a tough foe at near their peak- yes more than likely they are going to lose or struggle mightily to win. But what does that prove?

And as far a Stokes. In the title game vs ND in 2014-2015 - - the 38-1 Huskies beat the 36-3 Irish, and Kiah Stokes only played 10 minutes. And I manually checked the +/-. She came in in 1st half UCONN was up by 5, she left UCONN was up by 4. In 2nd half she came in UCONN was up by 6. When she left UCONN remained up by 6. So she was -1 overall. I could be wrong ofc because it was a manual check.

But yes absolutely I think Stewart and Tuck could've handled ND. Stewie and Tuck were "basketball players." Superior to anything ND could've thrown at them at their peak.

Reaction Score
The title is misleading, but this is a good YouTube analysis. The anaalyst believes UConn's biggest problem is rebounding, with defense also being a concern. The video is worth a watch and discussion.

And there is an interesting observation from a Gamecock fan. His bullet points ( takeaways from the game):
So, Gamecock fan here, and here were some of my notes on UConn for the game:
1. Beuckers is the real deal and looks every bit as good as last year.
2. UConn's running game can be devastating. They're every bit as fast as the Cocks.
3. Outside of Beuckers, I didn't see anyone UConn could really count on offensively.
4. UConn's bigs are very good. Carolina's are great.
5. Carolina has significantly more depth, and I say that even though their best recruit is out of the season, and it was the depth, IMO, which beat UConn today. Carolina was regularly able to rest everyone on the team without really missing a beat, whereas UConn gave major time to only 7 players, and frankly, by the 4th quarter, even Beuckers looked spent.

spot on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom