The UConn Blog Podcast w/ Dalton Gifford & Dan Orlovsky | The Boneyard

The UConn Blog Podcast w/ Dalton Gifford & Dan Orlovsky

Reaction Score
really good listen if you have the time... DO was very open about the edsall situation

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Listening to it now...if I could give one advice to Aman and Gifford....have fun. It's football. They are stiff, need to loosen up and just talk. Gifford needs to give deeper insight. He has recent experience. Don't be so vanilla. He has potential but he needs to get comfortable enough to just talk and not be so controlled. I did enjoy his comments about the offense reminding him of the TJ Wiest era.

The middle part about the draft was ok...but it definitely got a bit looser when DO came on. You can tell Dan is a little more mature and comfortable talking on a podcast. DO comments that we don't know all about what happened with RE and why he left the first time. But he is honest that he was upset with RE when he left. I think like all of us, while not happy with how he left, he is very happy he is back. I can see how DO could become part of the team as a coach. He seems like a bright guy and has passion for the school.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The guy they brought on from PFF needs to get his pulse checked, jeez. Sounded like he was falling asleep on air.

Reaction Score
Listening to it now...if I could give one advice to Aman and Gifford....have fun. It's football. They are stiff, need to loosen up and just talk. Gifford needs to give deeper insight. He has recent experience. Don't be so vanilla. He has potential but he needs to get comfortable enough to just talk and not be so controlled. I did enjoy his comments about the offense reminding him of the TJ Wiest era.

It just takes time, there's definitely a comfort level that's needed. I do stand-up comedy on the side and I've been doing it almost three years and I'm just barely comfortable talking on stage. When you start, you're just too anxious to be yourself. That's the whole process -- learning to adapt and become your true self, whether it's on stage or on the mic.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It just takes time, there's definitely a comfort level that's needed. I do stand-up comedy on the side and I've been doing it almost three years and I'm just barely comfortable talking on stage. When you start, you're just too anxious to be yourself. That's the whole process -- learning to adapt and become your true self, whether it's on stage or on the mic.

I agree...experience and time will help.

Reaction Score

There are a lot of comedians on this board. The problem is they don't know they are being comical. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

If you have links to sound bytes I would love to give it a listen! PM me if you want!

Reaction Score
Loop and I have butted heads in the past (good natured, at least on my part) on here. I was gonna comment that he's been doing stand up comedy here for much longer than 3 years. Thanks for ruining my joke.

I think it's good natured on my part. Luckily, my parents trained me from a young age to be wrong all the time, which really gave me a head start for arguing with strangers on the internet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Am I to suppose that Orlovsky means that Edsall left for a reason other than Hathaway?

Or am I suppose that he thinks only a small percentage realize that?

Reaction Score
Am I to suppose that Orlovsky means that Edsall left for a reason other than Hathaway?

Or am I suppose that he thinks only a small percentage realize that?
I'd assume the latter. Most people don't know that. No one I have ever talked to in person understood it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd assume the latter. Most people don't know that. No one I have ever talked to in person understood it.

Yeah but the people that listen to a UConn Blog podcast? It's not WTIC...

Reaction Score
Yeah but the people that listen to a UConn Blog podcast? It's not WTIC...
eh Dan was just answering the question. I'm sure he's not well versed as to who the precise audience is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom