The two first drives for both teams. | The Boneyard

The two first drives for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We got into the red zone both times. Made some mistakes. Played a little conservative on the first one and failed to execute on the second. Bottom line 3 points.

Navy got into the red zone both times. Executed. Scored two TDs.

That ten point difference basically held up for the whole day.

Reaction Score
We got into the red zone both times. Made some mistakes. Played a little conservative on the first one and failed to execute on the second. Bottom line 3 points.

I thought this was very telling as well. It's tough to miss those opportunities early in the game when you are a team still in development.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup. I'm in the camp of going for it on 4th and 1 on the opening drive. We were driving very well. WR screens to Beals were working well. We ran the ball well. Brought out a flea flicker that, to me, had a "we're going for it" attitude. Given the flow of the drive, I thought we would convert. Line up and either run Newsome or find Beals/Thomas on a short slant or curl route.

Reaction Score

They have to learn to finish off drives.Should have gone for it fourth and one, and should have kicked the field goal with fourth and 6.

Reaction Score
Yup. I'm in the camp of going for it on 4th and 1 on the opening drive. We were driving very well. WR screens to Beals were working well. We ran the ball well. Brought out a flea flicker that, to me, had a "we're going for it" attitude. Given the flow of the drive, I thought we would convert. Line up and either run Newsome or find Beals/Thomas on a short slant or curl route.
If it was 4th and 1 not taking the sure three is a decent gamble if you have OL superiority.
4th and 4 is not a good Percentage call unless you totally disrespect their D
PS
I watched the Replay of their LB Gonzales hit on our receiver the refs saw the same replay. . I believe it was Beals
All I could think of was Goodell would have fined The Steelers James Harrison $30,00o for that hit and suspended him for a game.
That was an obvious targeting, yet not even a flag. If he was ejected that could have been huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom