The Two Best Parts of the ND Game. | The Boneyard

The Two Best Parts of the ND Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For me it was--
1) The deafening silence of the crowd after Unonn's first half run. They came to party and left with the Huskies dancing all over their home court.

2) Lauren Cox in the building. " Let me think. Do I want to play for these guys or THESE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!" That game was hardly a good recruiting tool for ND.

What were the things you enjoyed the most. Tuck? Stokes?

Reaction Score
For me the best part was the way they responded to how ND came out with both guns blazing. In a hostile environment, UConn took the best that ND could give them and methodically worked their way back into the game, then the lead, then an insurmountable lead with complete composure.
Very satisfying and I'm ready to call the Stanford game an anomaly.

Reaction Score
Best part was BEING THERE!! Flew out from Providence and stayed with friends in Chicago Friday night. Was a bit nervous about getting tix while driving out to South Bend from the Windy City. Thought my wife and I were the only Uconn fans in the Legends Bar right next to Stadium in hour before the game until we we joined by a nice guy with a Uconn hat. Turned out to be Kia Nurse's dad-what a terrific guy. It's no surprise that our wonderful women on our team are the product of fantastic parents!!

Walked over to the game 30 minutes ahead of time and immediately found a season ticket holder with two extra tickets. My wife and I had our jackets zipped up to hid our Uconn shirts to have a better chance of getting tickets. When the ND season ticket holder offered the tix, I unzipped my jacket and showed her my UCONN shirt and said, "Are you sure you want to sell me those tickets"? She broke out in a huge smile and not only sold me the tickets but would not take a dime and said "Welcome to Notre Dame"!!

The Notre Dame fans are really, really, really (Genoism) into it!! Their player intro for every game is bigger than our First Night player intro-I'm not exaggerating!! Starts with the lights and some Eminem pump up music and an impressive video history of ND women's BB success. If we did this the video would have to start an hour before the game:)

I could write forever about watching the game sitting in the midst of long-time ND season ticket holders-but suffice it to say IT WAS AWESOME!!!

After the game walked down to the Uconn bench and chatted with Stewie's dad-shocker, another super nice guy!! What an amazing day!!!!

Reaction Score
I liked that they responded to adversity. Down ten in a hostile environment they could have flashed back to Stanford and crumbled. But they didn't and worked their way back to a convincing win, even with everyone not playing their best. Toughness. Maybe from a hard lesson learned.

Reaction Score
I liked that they responded to adversity. Down ten in a hostile environment they could have flashed back to Stanford and crumbled. But they didn't and worked their way back to a convincing win, even with everyone not playing their best. Toughness. Maybe from a hard lesson learned.
Yes!
It is great to know that if they fall behind, they won't panic and will now have confidence that they can turn things around.

Reaction Score
If the ND women have such great fans, why can't I find a discussion board? The only thing I found was a single thread about Turner in the middle of a zillion postings about the men. Did I miss something?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think the most satisfying thing about the game was the grit with which we played.

Down by 10, no panic, close the gap one possession - one defensive stop at a time. Kia Stokes coming in and dominating the boards. She intimidated ND players in the paint. Loved it!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I dunno, HuskyPhan, sounds like you weren't at Notre Dame for I have it on good authority (from some folks on this board) that their fans are classless and don't have the good sense to sit down and shut up when their team is losing...lol

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The Stanford game was a Wake Up Call.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Isoroku Yamamoto
Bingo!!! Just watched Tora Tora Tora for the 100th time! :) we were better off losing that game than eking out the win!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Best part was BEING THERE!! Flew out from Providence and stayed with friends in Chicago Friday night. Was a bit nervous about getting tix while driving out to South Bend from the Windy City. Thought my wife and I were the only Uconn fans in the Legends Bar right next to Stadium in hour before the game until we we joined by a nice guy with a Uconn hat. Turned out to be Kia Nurse's dad-what a terrific guy. It's no surprise that our wonderful women on our team are the product of fantastic parents!!

Walked over to the game 30 minutes ahead of time and immediately found a season ticket holder with two extra tickets. My wife and I had our jackets zipped up to hid our Uconn shirts to have a better chance of getting tickets. When the ND season ticket holder offered the tix, I unzipped my jacket and showed her my UCONN shirt and said, "Are you sure you want to sell me those tickets"? She broke out in a huge smile and not only sold me the tickets but would not take a dime and said "Welcome to Notre Dame"!!

The Notre Dame fans are really, really, really (Genoism) into it!! Their player intro for every game is bigger than our First Night player intro-I'm not exaggerating!! Starts with the lights and some Eminem pump up music and an impressive video history of ND women's BB success. If we did this the video would have to start an hour before the game:)

I could write forever about watching the game sitting in the midst of long-time ND season ticket holders-but suffice it to say IT WAS AWESOME!!!

After the game walked down to the Uconn bench and chatted with Stewie's dad-shocker, another super nice guy!! What an amazing day!!!!
That is awesome HuskyPhan! One of my most memorable games was at Rutgers. The last loss before the 90 game streak. Epiph Prince lit us up for 33 I think. We were up and in control. But when things went bad, that place is a rough tough place to play and keep your composure. Vulgarity es from many fans. Concrete echoes, and old time stands right down to the court. When we inbound balls, you have to fend off fans as well as Rutgers starting 5. And they hate Geno. Not sure it's the same now? When Geno comes out or is introduced- boos, clapping , Mix?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Morgan finally getting her time to shine after all the injury, frustration and effort to come all the way back. They are all special- but she is extra special. 2nd place goes to watching Mabrey ending up on the floor a few times and her dramatics when Morgan just posted up high and she drew a blocking foul. Now I know why she wears her hair straight up but just loose enough. When she fakes getting fouled all game- the refs watch her hair going back and forth, and they assume she got fouled and they must have missed the contact. I love it!!!! :) :) :)

Reaction Score
For me the best part was the way they responded to how ND came out with both guns blazing. In a hostile environment, UConn took the best that ND could give them and methodically worked their way back into the game, then the lead, then an insurmountable lead with complete composure.
Very satisfying and I'm ready to call the Stanford game an anomaly.

I believe the Stamford game was a wake up call that this was a new year and a different team, one that had to develop its own chemistry and identity. The ND win was a great step but just a step. That's one of the great aspects of Geno's genius. He knows there is work to be done to build a championship team this year and won't bask in the ND win beyond the plane ride home.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Stanford game was a Wake Up Call.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Isoroku Yamamoto
Happy Day of Infamy?

Reaction Score
Don't Forget, GENO.
The team played great. Tuck & Stokes we fantastic.
BUT ~ Everything changed about 8-10 minutes into the game when Geno went to the ZONE DEFENSE.
(i.e Hall of Fame Coach)

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I've been to a number of ND/UConn games in South Bend as I live in Cincy. To a great extent, their fans are really friendly but don't know much about basketball. They do know their football, however.

True story. I was at a mens BB game there in 2004 and we were down late in the 2nd half. JC called for a full court press and many ND fans were screaming that it was illegal.

Better true story. I was at a WBB game there when DT was playing for us. I sat next to 2 nuns that HATED her. They, stopped just short of cursing her out the whole game. I was having a great time with them and at one point said, kind of tongue on cheek, that their treatment of DT wasn't very christian. Sister Ann didn't miss a beat, smiled sweetly at me and said, "Jesus will forgive us; you, we're not so sure of."

Reaction Score
I loved many things in this game but probably some of the top were:
A. The calmness in which UConn played being down 8 and 10 points in the first half with the crowd going crazy.
B. the smile on Kiah's face when she went to the bench for the last time about a minute or so to the end of the game. That smile was priceless! She performed amazingly in front of her family and was THE game changer!

Reaction Score
Don't Forget, GENO.
The team played great. Tuck & Stokes we fantastic.
BUT ~ Everything changed about 8-10 minutes into the game when Geno went to the ZONE DEFENSE.
(i.e Hall of Fame Coach)
The game changed when Kiah Stokes went in, the zone defense was coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom