The Turning Point | The Boneyard

The Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I swear that things have gone to heck ever since UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl. What should have signaled the college football playing world that the Huskies had arrived and intended on being a major player, work out just the opposite. The Fiesta performance probably so pissed off the Bowl (ruined a potentially attractive pairing opposite Oklahoma), turned into a rout because UConn was inept on offense and was trying to do it all on defense, turned into a joke when Randy decides not to use his best back on fourth and goal (for a foot) and schemes up the slowest ever developing play to Robby Frey that lost yardage instead of making it a close game at that point in the contest.

The annual someone from the SEC/Citidal games, someone from the the Big 12/West Texas State game and the someone from the BiG10 vs Akron games are OK as home games for the big boys early in the season. But nobody wants "the little engine that could" (if we can just kick a FG and our defense can hold 'em) during a New Years Day Bowl matchup. Kind of reminds you of when the UConn basketball team of 1966 (I think I got it right), with Wes B got dismissed in the first round of the NCAA by St Joseph's of Philly. Hard now to imagine that now in hoops, but most times the big fish in a small Yankee Conference pond got sent packing in the tourney. See now modern day football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom