The truth behind the resignation of Rutgers athletic Director Pat Hobbs | The Boneyard

The truth behind the resignation of Rutgers athletic Director Pat Hobbs

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Out of the blue, Pat Hobbs announced that he was resigning as Rutgers athletic Director after a visit to his cardiac doctor. There were plenty of rumors at the time that there was more to the story. There was, a lot more. The link below will take you past the nj.com paywall to a detailed article.

Reaction Score
Out of the blue, Pat Hobbs announced that he was resigning as Rutgers athletic Director after a visit to his cardiac doctor. There were plenty of rumors at the time that there was more to the story. There was, a lot more. The link below will take you past the nj.com paywall to a detailed article.

Imagine the arrogance to go in and say you wanted to get paid more when you're already earning that much and you're actually cruddy at your job.

CL82

Reaction Score
Imagine the arrogance to go in and say you wanted to get paid more when you're already earning that much and you're actually cruddy at your job.
It's kind of the nature of the beast. For that type of position you're always self promoting.

Reaction Score
Imagine still that “the glory days of Rutgers Athletics” consists of a middling football team and a basketball team that doesn’t make the tournament.

Reaction Score
What is Rutgers ranked this year pre? They have dynamic young talent I’ve heard.

Reaction Score
The funny thing I'd if you go to the Rutgers Gynmastics page, it mentions her husband and kids in her profile. Whoops.... Also, I've never seen such an effusive bio for someone whose had mediocre results as a coach. Babe Ruth has a shorter list of accomplishments than this coach. We know why.

Reaction Score

Wow that was the wife of the cornerback Aaron Beasley

Reaction Score
Little known medical fact Hobbs may have been told:
Cardiologists find sex with your wife raises heart rate relatively little; extracurricular activity can be significantly more dangerous.

CL82

Reaction Score
Lol, Pat Hobbs cut one hell of a deal.

An open records request of Rutgers' contract with Adidas revealed that Rutgers received $12,944,666.20 in value from Adidas and paid the company $16,257,918.46 over the six-year deal; the net result was that the university paid Adidas $3,313,252 over the duration of the agreement.

Reaction Score
Lol, Pat Hobbs cut one hell of a deal.

An open records request of Rutgers' contract with Adidas revealed that Rutgers received $12,944,666.20 in value from Adidas and paid the company $16,257,918.46 over the six-year deal; the net result was that the university paid Adidas $3,313,252 over the duration of the agreement.
How do you lose money on a sponsorship deal?? Please explain, I guess I'm dim.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

it's not a problem I'll ever have to deal with, but I'll never understand anyone needing far more than they already make, knowing that they already make far more than they will ever need.

I didn't read the article but my guess is he wants millions more than the millions he's already making.

Reaction Score
Imagine still that “the glory days of Rutgers Athletics” consists of a middling football team and a basketball team that doesn’t make the tournament.
Biggest mistake that the Big Ten ever made. Some short term money for some very long term mediocrity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom