OT: - The Transformation at Fordham | The Boneyard

OT: The Transformation at Fordham

Reaction Score
Just finished up a piece about a month in the making chronicling the transformation of the culture at Rose Hill Gymnasium, the 98-year-old home of Fordham basketball. Was very fortunate to correspond with an A-10 beat writer, a parent of one of their starters and a parent of the cheer squad to help broaden the scope of the perspective.

At 23-6 overall (their fourth highest win total of all time) and 11-5 in the A-10 (most wins in since joining the conference), the Rams are just three wins away from tying their program record.

If you have a few minutes and would like to check out the piece, here it is below:

Reaction Score
Just finished up a piece about a month in the making chronicling the transformation of the culture at Rose Hill Gymnasium, the 98-year-old home of Fordham basketball. Was very fortunate to correspond with an A-10 beat writer, a parent of one of their starters and a parent of the cheer squad to help broaden the scope of the perspective.

At 23-6 overall (their fourth highest win total of all time) and 11-5 in the A-10 (most wins in since joining the conference), the Rams are just three wins away from tying their program record.

If you have a few minutes and would like to check out the piece, here it is below:

A really fantastic read. Thanks @Hey Adrien!

I used to love the battles between Mitch Buonaguro’s Fairfield teams and Nick Macarchuk’s Fordham squads when they were both MAAC contenders in the late 80s. That 90-91 Fordham team, in its first season in the Patriot League, was pretty awesome. Then it all went downhill for Macarchuk and the Fordham program.

The pieces of this roster fit so nicely together. Also, no doubt that Fordham has benefited from the portal as much as any mid-major. Urgo coaches to his players’ strengths, and he is a pretty humble dude. In some ways, the Fordham AD lucked out that Neptune moved on to ‘nova.

Nice to have a grad like Michael Kay frequently reminding a large listener base that there is a fun, successful team playing up on Rose Hill. Fordham has a real opportunity, as the healthiest program in NYC currently, to steal some local recruits St. John’s would ordinarily snag. I’m looking forward to seeing continued success under Urgo.

Reaction Score
A really fantastic read. Thanks @Hey Adrien!

I used to love the battles between Mitch Buonaguro’s Fairfield teams and Nick Macarchuk’s Fordham squads when they were both MAAC contenders in the late 80s. That 90-91 Fordham team, in its first season in the Patriot League, was pretty awesome. Then it all went downhill for Macarchuk and the Fordham program.

The pieces of this roster fit so nicely together. Also, no doubt that Fordham has benefited from the portal as much as any mid-major. Urgo coaches to his players’ strengths, and he is a pretty humble dude. In some ways, the Fordham AD lucked out that Neptune moved on to ‘nova.

Nice to have a grad like Michael Kay frequently reminding a large listener base that there is a fun, successful team playing up on Rose Hill. Fordham has a real opportunity, as the healthiest program in NYC currently, to steal some local recruits St. John’s would ordinarily snag. I’m looking forward to seeing continued success under Urgo.
It's really something else.

I also like how the program is very open arms about the promotion of the program and getting the word out. I'm a freelance hobbyist and their SID was completely open door about "come whenever you want, we'll have a place for you."

When NYC teams of any sport are good, there's a special electricity in that pocket of the city.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom