The Times They Are A-Changin' | The Boneyard

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Reaction Score
I honestly believe we are on the cusp of a major paradigm shift on several levels. Here at UCONN we NEED change and we are driving for change.

Danny Hurley. UCONN Basketball. Big East. Recruiting. Excitement. NYC. It's all working right now. Danny and UCONN both have the pedigree for championships.

Jim Mora. UCONN Football. Recruiting. Promotion. Somethings Gotta Give. Maybe I am just hoping against hope but I believe that this guy, Jim Mora, for whatever reason, is ALL IN, 100%. After reading another post In todays edition of "Where's Jim Mora?" I am more and more excited about what Coach can do for UCONN Football. He seems more excited about what he can do for UCONN Football.

I believe Dave Benedict is tearing it up. Auburn. Minnesota. Arizona State. VCU. Long Beach State. He is showing he knows how to run a top tier Athletic Department.

These guys all seem to be on the same page, that UCONN is their destination. The big wild card is Football and there will be big changes and UCONN will be ready. Anyone?

Conference "Realignment" has been a pure b*t*h on so many levels. Money and Greed. We have suffered, and so have many other programs who think chasing $$'s is better than concern for students and athletes. There will be a major shift. Whether in UCONN Football, the NCAA, Conferences. Somehow UCONN will fight and come through victorious.

Bob Dylan - The Times They Are a-Changin' [LIVE IN ENGLAND - 1965]

Reaction Score
I think Coach Mora has a better chance at making UConn respectable in football than the Giants have at returning to any level of relevance. I would have been happy with Weist but they chose the rockstar. Then Edsall OK he maybe can restore sanity. This hire feels different. We have a tough schedule next year but Coach Mora won at UCLA. Edsall has been a career loser and Diaco had never been a head coach. PP was a really uninspiringly bad choice. The team has been playing with one arm tied behind their back due to incompetent offense strategy and coaching. Looking forward to the new regime. Hurley has us back in the discussion. The team is fun to watch despite all our complaints. That was a crucial hire and Benedict nailed it.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Bob Dylan once wrote, 'The Times They Are A-Changin'. Ron Burgundy had never heard that song.

Coaching staff, ASSEMBLE!!!

Reaction Score
When we went independent in FB I thought we were heading to the point of no return,but the biggest positive is we have our own CBS Sports TV deal. That is a game changer, capitalizing on the UConn brand . Now with Mora in place to improve the FB product pieces are in place for a major turnaround.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of the optimism here. It is indeed a new era dawning. But let's not forget those who came before and helped build what we have today. The list is long--Toner, Christian, Panciera, Greer, Rowe, Morrone, Baylock, Penders, Stevens, Calhoun, Edsall1.0, Auriemma, Perkins and others worthy to take some credit. And let's honor the generosity that flowed from major donors like Burton, Shenkman, Werth, Gampel, Rizza, and others. Because make no mistake, what drives the passion that resides in Hurley, Mora and Benedict, and what fuels their undeniable belief in what they can achieve here--- is the incredible power of the UConn brand.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Bob Dylan once wrote, 'The Times They Are A-Changin'. Ron Burgundy had never heard that song.

Coaching staff, ASSEMBLE!!!
Voltron GIF

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of basketball. But I think this is the first time since I was an undergrad I'm excited for basketball and football and hockey and baseball.

Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of basketball. But I think this is the first time since I was an undergrad I'm excited for basketball and football and hockey and baseball.
I had a crazy dream last night. We defeated Alabama in a game to win a national championship in Football, won both final fours in basketball, beat Minnesota to win College Hockey championship, won the championship in men's and women's soccer and won the college World Series...and we almost beat Duke in the lacrosse finals...

Crazy dream but I doubt anyone ever did that...I'd love to have UConn do it...

Reaction Score
I had a crazy dream last night. We defeated Alabama in a game to win a national championship in Football, won both final fours in basketball, beat Minnesota to win College Hockey championship, won the championship in men's and women's soccer and won the college World Series...and we almost beat Duke in the lacrosse finals...

That is crazy. No Field Hockey?!

Reaction Score
When we went independent in FB I thought we were heading to the point of no return,but the biggest positive is we have our own CBS Sports TV deal. That is a game changer, capitalizing on the UConn brand . Now with Mora in place to improve the FB product pieces are in place for a major turnaround.
That is true - you can watch almost every game on National TV - that was and is a game changer.

Reaction Score

Losing to Duke? Turn in your fan gear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom