The Time Has Come For UConn To Make A Change (DiMauro) | The Boneyard

The Time Has Come For UConn To Make A Change (DiMauro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The time has come for UConn to make a change

OK. Let’s just say it:

Jeff Hathaway blew it with Paul Pasqualoni.

Warde Manuel blew it with Bob Diaco.

David Benedict … you are on the clock.

Because this is where we are now with the Apocalypse Formerly Known As UConn Football. Leaderless. Rudderless. Hopeless.

It was evident even before Saturday’s barf-o-rama at Boston College. But there was no better example of the program’s malaise than Saturday at the Heights, with nearly 37,000 fans watching: impotent offense, absurd game management and then the worst of all: more postgame drivel from Mr. Diaco, whose musings are the unfortunate fusion of Casey Stengel and Vivian Stringer.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I don't know what has sparked the change in the Day, the Register, the Courant, etc. but the articles coming out have been much much better than years past.
It's the love in the air

Reaction Score
The time has come for UConn to make a change

OK. Let’s just say it:

Jeff Hathaway blew it with Paul Pasqualoni.

Warde Manuel blew it with Bob Diaco.

David Benedict … you are on the clock.

Because this is where we are now with the Apocalypse Formerly Known As UConn Football. Leaderless. Rudderless. Hopeless.

It was evident even before Saturday’s barf-o-rama at Boston College. But there was no better example of the program’s malaise than Saturday at the Heights, with nearly 37,000 fans watching: impotent offense, absurd game management and then the worst of all: more postgame drivel from Mr. Diaco, whose musings are the unfortunate fusion of Casey Stengel and Vivian Stringer.

Keep it up! I think we are at the tipping point. We have to get rid of this loser.

Reaction Score
I don't know what has sparked the change in the Day, the Register, the Courant, etc. but the articles coming out have been much much better than years past.
When you have to watch and write about this, it's very painful when the team sucks.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I have not heard a reasonable defense of Diaco recently.

Just last December when I said going to the fifth tier bowl game would send all the wrong messages - there was a tidal wave of cricticisn of me not Diaco.

Yet, look what happened rewarding a 6-7 season and pretending it was something it wasn't - Diaco and Warde got big bonuses for making a bowl game, Diaco got a big raise, Diaco got a $5 million severance buyout since everyone wants to hire a 6-7 coach (LOL). Hello Susan? Now this dumpster of a season - which has the worse vibe in UConn history.

I go to every home game - I knew we did not play good football last season - and this year it's been a free fall.

Reaction Score

Just last December when I said going to the fifth tier bowl game would send all the wrong messages - there was a tidal wave of cricticisn of me not Diaco.

Yet, look what happened rewarding a 6-7 season and pretending it was something it wasn't - Diaco and Warde got big bonuses for making a bowl game, Diaco got a big raise, Diaco got a $5 million severance buyout since everyone wants to hire a 6-7 coach (LOL). Hello Susan? Now this dumpster of a season - which has the worse vibe in UConn history.

I go to every home game - I knew we did not play good football last season - and this year it's been a free fall.
Get over yourself. This has nothing to with you. Or Drummond

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
History is tough for some people.

Fake fans are tougher.

Would you be even on the football board pretending to be a fan of the team if Diaco hadn't "upstaged" Calhoun at a basketball game, an incident that nobody except you cares about?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

You still struggle with cause, effect, and an overinflated sense of self worth.

You were wrong about declining the bowl game and still wrong to this day. The results this year are separate from the fact that you remain dead wrong. You know, you ever did tell us all the successful teams that decline bowl invitations... Wonder why? Did Calhoun ever decline an NIT invite? Didn't think so.

Reaction Score

Who says no to an extra month of practices? I still think you were wrong. They were also wrong extending and increasing the buyout. They easily could have said - that was nice, let's see what you do next year.

C

Chief00

You were wrong about declining the bowl game and still wrong to this day. The results this year are separate from the fact that you remain dead wrong. You know, you ever did tell us all the successful teams that decline bowl invitations... Wonder why? Did Calhoun ever decline an NIT invite? Didn't think so.

Ok let's break it down. If the extra practices were so beneficial - how do you explain this season? Thank You.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Ok let's break it down. If the extra practices were so beneficial - how do you explain this season? Thank You.
Coaching, or lack there of. Not putting your players in the best position/situations to succeed.

Are you saying they should not ever practice?

If regular practices are beneficial how do you explain this season?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Your inability to understand cause and effect is beyond my ability to rationally discuss with you.

The answer is that we would quite likely be worse without those practices.

Anytime you want to provide specifics where declining extra practices was beneficial, I'm all ears.

C

Chief00

Your inability to understand cause and effect is beyond my ability to rationally discuss with you.

The answer is that we would quite likely be worse without those practices.

Anytime you want to provide specifics where declining extra practices was beneficial, I'm all ears.
So if we did not have a practice a year ago we would have won two games rather than three - so that's the belief you are justifying the $5 million dollar buyout on which was based on us going to a bowl which somehow overshadowed a 6-7 record. And how did we win 6 games last year since we did not go to a bowl the year before and benefit from all those extra practices.

In football guys are beat up late in season - I am always skeptical of in season practice that doesn't focus on next game. Before season and Spring practice are when you have the luxury of not doing next game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
So if we did not have a practice a year ago we would have won two games rather than three - so that's the belief you are justifying the $5 million dollar buyout on which was based on us going to a bowl which somehow overshadowed a 6-7 record. And how did we win 6 games last year since we did not go to a bowl the year before?
You're either Diacos cousin or the most obtuse (do I get Shawshank points?) troll evah. Seriously. Just shut up now and get back on the meds.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So if we did not have a practice a year ago we would have won two games rather than three - so that's the belief you are justifying the $5 million dollar buyout on which was based on us going to a bowl which somehow overshadowed a 6-7 record. And how did we win 6 games last year since we did not go to a bowl the year before?
Who is justifying the buyout? You asked about the practices and how it relates to this season, and I answered. You now bring up two completely different questions/topics.

The simple question first : we won 6 games last year because we were exceptionally lucky with regard to turnover margin.

I've never attempted to justify the buyout. I can understand the factors that went in to the contract extension, yet ultimately, it would have been better to wait. Of course that is said with the benefit of hindsight.

You are a real if you think standing up to those kids who busted their arses last year and telling them "yes you are bowl eligible but we should decline because it makes Diaco look too good and he might get a contract extension. Sorry!" was the right course of action. You continue to be dead wrong. I've said enough on this. Do us all a favor and quit on this topic as well.

C

Chief00

Calhoun always had a winning record when he accepted a NIT invitation.

C

Chief00

You're either Diacos cousin or the most obtuse (do I get Shawshank points?) troll evah. Seriously. Just shut up now and get back on the meds.
Must be tough being so wrong it will cost $5 million to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom