The Three Amigos | The Boneyard

The Three Amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't remember similar quotes from Geno about other lesser-ranked recruits in recent times. Even ranked recruits like Heather Buck and Michala Johnson didn't get such a robust vouching from Geno for their expected accomplishments at UConn. The only person about whom I remember similar pre-season comments from him was Kelly Faris.

If either Kyla or Molly can contribute as much to the UConn program as Kelly, that will be just great, and will exceed the expectations of most of us (including me).

Reaction Score
Molly won the physics award.at Tabor? Now that's an impressive achievement!

Geno sounded completely psyched by his recruits in that article. And now that he's had the entire summer off just to rest and recharge his battery, I'm sure he'll return to work next week even more psyched.

Reaction Score
I don't remember similar quotes from Geno about other lesser-ranked recruits in recent times. Even ranked recruits like Heather Buck and Michala Johnson didn't get such a robust vouching from Geno for their expected accomplishments at UConn. The only person about whom I remember similar pre-season comments from him was Kelly Faris.

If either Kyla or Molly can contribute as much to the UConn program as Kelly, that will be just great, and will exceed the expectations of most of us (including me).

Kayla and Molly and especially Diamond Dangerfield (a real gem) will out play Kelly in every aspect of the game --maybe the only exception is hustle but with Kayla having a Coach Mother even that is doubtful.
Kelly was a fan favorite--The kid laid her life on the floor. Her 3 ball was not to be seen until late Jr or Sr Year. She didn't play great defense against Diggins (who stuffed Kelly twice) and Diggy scored 2 layups on her. Kelly had a super game that made Geno rave about her but in a week or two wondered to the media that the raves didn't have the expected results ( or words to that effect--please note no Quote marks"""")
I too am a Kelly fan--she hustled better than many.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Kayla and Molly and especially Diamond Dangerfield (a real gem) will out play Kelly in every aspect of the game --maybe the only exception is hustle but with Kayla having a Coach Mother even that is doubtful.
Kelly was a fan favorite--The kid laid her life on the floor. Her 3 ball was not to be seen until late Jr or Sr Year. She didn't play great defense against Diggins (who stuffed Kelly twice) and Diggy scored 2 layups on her. Kelly had a super game that made Geno rave about her but in a week or two wondered to the media that the raves didn't have the expected results ( or words to that effect--please note no Quote marks"""")
I too am a Kelly fan--she hustled better than many.
What the...?

Kelly's game was way more than "hustle." She was a great passer, rebounder and an unbelievable defender...she completely shut down Chiney O her junior year, because Stefanie wasn't in the right shape to guard her. (Stef guarded her the next year and did a great job). She could guard basically positions 1-4 on the floor, and even though her shooting didn't pick up until she was an upperclassman, she was still an offensive threat and the offense flowed really smoothly when she was in.

I mean, if those three outplay Kelly in every aspect of the game, then we are in for a real treat. I will withhold judgement until I see them in action for four years.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Also, LOL at Diggins scoring two layups on Kelly. I mean...ok? Diggins was a pretty good scorer, and she also stuffed Bria Hartley twice in one game, in the 2013 FF semi.

Reaction Score
What the...?

Kelly's game was way more than "hustle." She was a great passer, rebounder and an unbelievable defender...she completely shut down Chiney O her junior year, because Stefanie wasn't in the right shape to guard her. (Stef guarded her the next year and did a great job). She could guard basically positions 1-4 on the floor, and even though her shooting didn't pick up until she was an upperclassman, she was still an offensive threat and the offense flowed really smoothly when she was in.

I mean, if those three outplay Kelly in every aspect of the game, then we are in for a real treat. I will withhold judgement until I see them in action for four years.

These three have the potential to out play Kelly. in every aspect of the game. Kelly had a coach father. She hustled. But Kayla has a Coach for a Mother,Kayla could possible play under the basket--maybe she'll take Kelly aside when Kelly visits and get pointers on how to guard one of the best jumping rebounding players Stanford ever had. It would be a huge plus for Geno this year.
Top teams laid off Kelly above the key, she was a liability (until near the end) from beyond the 3 line.
Diggins outplayed her, out jumped her, out blocked her head to head---and I really really dislike Diggins.
It is good to read that Kelly out jumped Chiney. Poor Stef, poor Stokes should have taken lessons from Kelly--can't understand why Geno didn't use Kelly against all jumpers.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
What? What are you even talking about?

I mean...everyone has the potential to outplay someone in every aspect of the game. That's not what you said, though. And Geno did use Kelly against all types of players. And Moriah has said she learned a ton about defense from playing with Kelly for a year.

And go rewatch the game - Kelly did a great job on Chiney despite giving up several inches. The announcers commented on it a few times. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic there or what, your posts are difficult to understand sometimes.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I guess I don't see the need to bash one of UConn's former players in order to build up incoming ones. Kelly was an amazing Husky who helped win two national championships. Can we hold off a bit on saying how much better three untested freshmen will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom