The thing they do on defensive third downs | The Boneyard

The thing they do on defensive third downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was randomly approached by someone today who said they know I 'blog'.

After trying to explain the difference between a blog and a message board... I was asked to make it clear:

THAT HORRIBLE SOUND BITE THAT IS PLAYED ON THIRD DOWN IS AWFUL. PLEASE FOR EVERYONE'S SANITY STOP.

FINGERNAILS OVER A CHALKBOARD SOUNDS BETTER.

IT IS SO BAD IT MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO LEAVE THE STADIUM.

Hopefully that was clear enough.

Reaction Score
Cannot like this post enough. It's like they cannot figure out the in game experience. A couple years ago the PA guy would voice over America the Beautiful while the band pre-gamed - they are amazing BTW. Then there was DJ Joey and now it almost sounds like tires squealing on a bad video game instead of a mean dog barking. Bring back Welcome to the Jungle and get rid of that....whatever the hell it is on 3rd down

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Liked the old tradition, this is an epic fail IMHO.

If they don't get how bad it sounds and rectify it soon... the entire program deserves a vote of no confidence. It is embarrassing. It's the worst thing they have ever done.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Jungle became tiresome. The dog barking is absolutely terrible. At least they turned to volume down in the second half. They'd be better off having the band play something every 3rd down. At least that feels college footbally and also plays to the Pavlovian response the fan base apparently needs to have a clue it's 3rd down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Jungle became tiresome. The dog barking is absolutely terrible. At least they turned to volume down in the second half. They'd be better off having the band play something every 3rd down. At least that feels college footbally and also plays to the Pavlovian response the fan base apparently needs to have a clue it's 3rd down.

They did turn it down in the second half and skipped the minor league video where the Husky's eyes change colors.

So we are halfway home - 7 days to retire it.

Reaction Score
I think the concept is fine and actually cool.

The extra computerized sounds that accompany the one noise that sounds like a dog is the problem. They need to just make it an actual dog growling and barking.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they skipped it altogether a few times in the second half on 3rd down although I may have been heat stroked by then

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was hiring PP

Yeah if it cost the same to stop playing that audio as it does to fire a coach I could agree. This is a simple fix.

Reaction Score

After trying to explain the difference between a blog and a message board... I was asked to make it clear:

THAT HORRIBLE SOUND BITE THAT IS PLAYED ON THIRD DOWN IS AWFUL. PLEASE FOR EVERYONE'S SANITY STOP.

On the sunny side of the field it sounds like turning a garbage disposal on and it is filled with plastic. What is it, the HUSKY howl or what? The sound system sucks!!!!
I noticed the speakers on the press box side are aimed down at the fans and not out at the field or the UCONN bench side. Is that the way it is suppose to be? Well fix it Damn it!!

Reaction Score

I posted this last week. Would sound much better than the crap they have now.

Reaction Score
Any recording of the sound? From an outside-US fan it would be lovely to hear what you are suffering from ;)

Reaction Score
Was it just me, or was the.third down sound cue even LONGER this week? When I hear the dog bark/chain saw buzz/disposal grind, I am equally distracted and embarrassed because of the horrible sound. What does it sound like on TV? Does it make the program seem more/less lame than GnR? My guess is more lame.

I'll be clear: MAKE. IT. STOP.

Reaction Score

I posted this last week. Would sound much better than the crap they have now.

I agree and while we're at it, lose the girl commentator on the sidelines permanently. She's just plain annoying. UConn football needs her like they need
a hole in the head. Lose the GD carnival games during commercial breaks as well. Please let the UCONN BAND play during these breaks instead.

Reaction Score
I told my wife during the game that the dog growling bit will keep me away from going to the games and would make me give up our four season tickets that I have had for quite a few years. That is how horrible I think it is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hopefully UConn is reading. It's a long time before you can sell people an actual football product to watch (thanks Paul and Jeff). Here is a chance to not aggressively turn away customers. A nice easy fix: do it.

Reaction Score
Any recording of the sound? From an outside-US fan it would be lovely to hear what you are suffering from ;)

No. Nobody do this. As bad as we're making it sound.....it's worse.

Seriously if they ditched it and reverted back to Welcome to the Jungle it would pop the crowd beyond belief and may actually make it tougher for the opposing team.

Tone deaf athletic dept (looking at you Enright)........Make. This. Stop.

Reaction Score

More on tis in 241 later today, but let me just say this -- any person who works for UConn who did not immediately say "are you duck*ing kidding me" should not just be fired on the spot for being useless, but given the mental health treatment that they very badly need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom