The theory of the "Uber" star | The Boneyard

The theory of the "Uber" star

Reaction Score
Like all BYers, I do hope we win the NC this year.

But, the going is difficult. The main reason, says I, is that we don't have an "Uber" star, and haven't since Stewie graduated.

9 of our 11 NCs came when we had an "Uber" star, i.e., D, Maya, or Stewie. Moreover, when we had said "Uber" star, we won the NC 9 out of 12 times. "Uber" star = incandescent talent. Even SueB and Mo were not "Uber" stars, as magnificent as they were in college.

Now, maybe CW or even MW will become such. But for now, cutting down the net at the Final Four difficult, from this perspective.

Thoughts?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A while back Lou commented how every step on that pre-surgery ankle was a risky proposition. It's going to be interesting seeing if we can detect a difference or two or three in Lou's game with that ankle stabilized.

"When she returns, Samuelson will have a chance to put her name among some of UConn’s all-time greats.

Only four - Svetlana Abrosimiova, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, and Breanna Stewart - have been named WBCA All-Americans at least three times. She is 288 points shy of becoming the 10th member of UConn’s 2,000-point club, and only 12 Huskies have been named to an all-tournament team in all four of their years."

New Britain Herald - UConn women's basketball's Samuelson working way back from ankle surgery

Now Phee's game has flair to it, but it is ruthlessly efficient.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom