The Sun's Band is Back Together | The Boneyard

The Sun's Band is Back Together

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
With the signing of Jonquel Jones and Courtney Williams the Sun have pretty much reassembled the the finals team but with Dee Bonner in for Shekinna Stricklen. In this new era of free agency the Sun have done a remarkable job of keeping their core intact.

The key to making a successful run will be how to integrate a vastly improved Bri Jones into a presumptive line up that features Jas Thomas, Williams, JJ, Alyssa Thomas and Bonner.

If the bench beyond #6 can make an impact - Hiedeman, Charles, Carrington and Mompremier especially, I'll put my nickel down on the Sun this season.

The Sun's window is rapidly closing. LET'S GOOOOOO!
Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
One detail: Is Jasmine Thomas definitely signed for 2022? I thought that she was a free agent also.

Assume that she returns, then the Sun's starting lineup will be even better than it was for most of last season, when they had the league's best regular season record. Courtney Williams is a definite upgrade over Briann January, and Alyssa Thomas being fully healthy is a huge boost to the front court.

What do you see as the Sun's priority in the upcoming draft? I think the backcourt should be their focus, since the current one is getting a bit "long in the tooth". I can imagine a scenario where Christyn Williams drops far enough in the draft for the Sun to take her, which means that they will have two "C. Williams" on their roster and in box scores. Christyn's up-tempo playing style, with many different ways of scoring, fits right in with how the Sun like to play.

psconn

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're a buzz-kill and I probably jumped the gun a bit with that post.

There's a long way to go in the free agency market and the salary cap is unforgiving. I assume Courtney scored a near-max contract.

Jas and AT both still listed as free agents. "Playoff AT" is irreplaceable, and I would hate to see Jas go...

Netflix Feeling Ill GIF by Blown Away

psconn

Reaction Score
The Sun will likely pick late and I think CW will be gone before that. I don't care what schools Miller drafts from, just get a player that can contribute.

That said, I would not object to drafting Christyn. I have a feeling she may blossom (at least a bit) as a pro and there is a business advantage to having UConn alums on the Sun team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom