The Streak; update (by the PL) | The Boneyard

The Streak; update (by the PL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
A little belated, but you can't force these things. Besides, like Geno, I am on a fixed salary.

"H there folks, this is your roving roporter again, cruisin for news! Just now we are outside the XFINITY 1CENTER (odd name that; must be sort of a play on words or something, but that's what they call it) and there is a considerable crowd pouring out of the exits. Many of them seem highly perturbed. Let's see if we can find out what is going on. Here is a gentleman wearing who seems to be wearing some sort of mud turtle costume.

Excuse me sir. You and your friends seem quite upset about something. Would you like to share with our radio audience the source of your angst?"

"Oh, FOOT! FOOT I say again, and I'd say a lot worse if we weren't on the radio! My little ol' Terrapin heart is just danged near broke."

"But what happened, sir? It was some sort of athletic contest, I take it?"

"Well, it was a contest, pretty much, and then again it wasn't. And then it was again and then it wasn't again! See, these ol' gals from up there in Connecticut have just given us no end of grief. Kicked our poor butts lopsided ever time we played. But this year I thought we finally had 'em. All their hotshot players graduated (we thought) and the best player they got left was just about too sick to play (we thought). And we looked pretty good for a while, and then they must have given them some 'speed-em-up' of some kind in the locker room, cause they got WAY ahead, and then that wore off and we was catchin' up right smart. Oh FOOT!"

"But then what happened, sir? Must have been something very unpleasant."

"Unpleasant don't get it! Just when we was lookin' like making a comeback, this lil' ol' oriental lookin' gal goes and hits a dang 3 and then when one of our kids tries to hit one she comes swoopin' down and swats the danged ball half way to the danged Capital Building, and that was all she wrote! I' gonna tell ol' Brenda not to play them danged girls no more, just like that o'l gal at Duke did!"

Well they call it the streak (looka dat, looka dat)

It just goes on from week to week. (looka dat, looka dat)

They defeated the flu

And the Terrapins too

It'll be 90 come next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members