The streak reaches 12 | The Boneyard

The streak reaches 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're at the point now where I had to go back to page three to retrieve my last thread because I had lost count.

I was worried there for a moment that the defense was creating so many turnovers that we weren't allowing them to miss enough shots, but some timely garbage time stops has preserved the number. Me, @tcf15 and @OkaForPrez are raising bottles of champagne as we speak.

There's been a lot made of D-Ham's shooting woes, but I'll tell you what, the way that kid has bought in defensively over this stretch - despite seeing his numbers plummet - has been impressive and indicative of the type of selfless, teachable player he is. He's gone from a guy who was a liability on that end earlier in the season to somebody who has been a plus defender recently. I'm glad the shots dropped for him tonight because he deserves it. (Sterling Gibbs, to a lesser extent, should also be commended).

The tournament is more susceptible to randomness than any other major sporting event, and because of that, the odds of any one team - even the best ones - winning the tournament are extremely low. That seems obvious, and UConn certainly hasn't been the best team or close to it this season. But I do think there's something to the theory that a great defense never goes into a slump. You're not going to shoot 40% + from three for six games in a row. You can, however, hold a team to the ballpark of that 40% number for six in a row. That gives us a shot.

Reaction Score
Our defensive rotations have been on point the past month, and the return of Brimah's shot-blocking (highest block% in the nation) can take us to another level. We've grown into an elite defensive unit, and that will keep you competitive in any game.

Generating turnovers like we did tonight will go a long way toward this team reaching its potential. We still really struggle with our halfcourt offense, so getting easy runout baskets is exactly what this team needs. Miller also deserves more low block touches.

We had a lot of new faces join the program this year, and it's taken awhile for all of our talented pieces to mesh. Brimah's return and Jalen's recent emergence have this team hitting its stride for the home stretch. It's been a frustrating season so far, but I'm excited to see what this team is capable of the rest of the season.

caw

Reaction Score
This team does two things extremely well. Defense and FT shooting. Not sure what that means the rest of the way but that shows the coaches are teaching them winning basketball.

I'm really liking how the front court has looked as a unit also.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
That's a bad thing?
In terms of the streak of holding teams to under 40% shooting, yes it was a bad thing. Their percentage didn't crawl under 40 until very late since they weren't getting any shots off and shot so well in the first half.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In terms of the streak of holding teams to under 40% shooting, yes it was a bad thing. Their percentage didn't crawl under 40 until very late since they weren't getting any shots off and shot so well in the first half.

A turnover isn't better than letting them shoot and miss? I'm lost. With a turn over, we get the ball. That's a lot better than letting them shoot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
MV5BMjA1NDQ2MDU0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU2MDQyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
A turnover isn't better than letting them shoot and miss? I'm lost. With a turn over, we get the ball. That's a lot better than letting them shoot.
No but for selfish streak purposes was the point. I'd rather force turnovers also the quick whistle giving them tons of FTs lead to less shots anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom