The state of Rutgers MBB...LMAO at this | The Boneyard

The state of Rutgers MBB...LMAO at this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
What happened to Ben Howland? Or did that make too much sense -- he goes back to a low-expectations situation, they get a proven winner. I thought I'd heard there was mutual interest

Reaction Score
actually, danny hurley made more sense. the fact he turned it down speaks volumes!

Reaction Score
It doesn't make sense for Hurley. He has a low pressure job and if he wins big there he could get hired at a top 15 program.

Reaction Score
They are Rutgers. The Big 10 isnt going to magically make "big time" coaches want to go there. If they couldnt do it in the Big East, I wouldnt hold your breathe on it happening in the Big 10. In reality, they'll give Northwestern someone to look down on.

Reaction Score
And in different but related article: (sorry URL wouldn't embed- ESPN Rutty Lawyer dump)

"The measures, announced at the first board of governors meeting since coach Mike Rice was fired last week, were intended to get the university back on track during a time of transformation. Rutgers is absorbing most parts of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, including two medical schools, and is working on a strategic plan for how to catapult the school to be among the highest-regarded public universities in the nation."

;) NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The RAC, I imagine, has got to be the worst facility in the B1G. It looked dated in 1977.

Reaction Score
looks like they are going to hire Eddie Jordan, does Ben Howland not want the job? To me that would be a no brainer if he's interested.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The last time Rutgers saw the NCAA tournament, Florida Gulf Coast wasn't even a university. Great job!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
True - I guess you could consider 22 years ago recent.

So....what I think you are saying is, that if the State of New Jersey were to throw the whole mess overboard, and start from scratch, with a "green field site", and build a brand new state University, from the ground up, they would make the NCAA tourney sooner, than if they keep trying to get Rutgers back on track.

There may be some merit to that approach!

Reaction Score
True - I guess you could consider 22 years ago recent.

For the abyss of Rutgers....22 years is shockingly recent. But at least their players get to experience the NCAA's on TV every year. They don't miss out on everything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The RAC, I imagine, has got to be the worst facility in the B1G. It looked dated in 1977.
It is worn, no doubt about it, but it can be incredibly loud..whenever RU has anything to cheer about.

Reaction Score
looks like they are going to hire Eddie Jordan, does Ben Howland not want the job? To me that would be a no brainer if he's interested.
It would be Rutgersian that's for sure. I mean you would want to replace a coach who didn't get along with his players with one who didn't get along with his players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom