The Stan Simpson Show – UConn Football’s upcoming season | The Boneyard

The Stan Simpson Show – UConn Football’s upcoming season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In answer to the question "Why can't UConn recruit good qbs?", Des' premise doesn't hold water. He said that high school qbs would rather not deal with the weather conditions in the Northeast later in the season & thus gravitate to the Midwest, South, & West. Baloney! One only has to look at B.C.. & PSU to see that as a cop out. The true reason that starting with the Orlovsky years, UConn coaching has NEVER made stockpiling & developing at that position a priority. Happily, Coach D. seems to be rectifying that error.

Reaction Score
UConn finished 2nd in passing in the Big East in 2009. '04 Orlovsky was still here.

Reaction Score
I think it is also true that we've had a bit if bad luck, too. Lorenzen was a decent passer until he got hurt. Then he never recovered. Then we had the kid with the issues who was at worst going to be the starter over Johnny Mac allowing time for Box/Nebrich to actually develop. Then Cochran gets hurt and ends his career.

Reaction Score
I think both Nebrich and Whitmer had potential to be solid if not spectacular QBs at this level. The stupid twins did a good job of making sure that didn't happen.
Nebrich yes, Whitmer not so much. He was an interception waiting to happen?
The one that gets me is Cody Endres. Had all the tools, but stay away from the controlled substances.

Reaction Score
Nebrich yes, Whitmer not so much. He was an interception waiting to happen?
The one that gets me is Cody Endres. Had all the tools, but stay away from the controlled substances.

Agreed, always thought Endres had the tools to be one of the better QB's Uconn has ever seen. Always pulled for the kid, it was a shame to see him screw it up..but hey, at the end of the day he was still a 20 year old kid.

Reaction Score
I agree that Endres had the makings of a good one. And I think Whitmer and Boyle share many of the same limitations. Whitmer had some skill. But he never quite saw the field the way a good quarterback does. Boyle has the same weakness. Probably more raw talent but the same weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom