the Sporting News College Yearbook is out | The Boneyard

the Sporting News College Yearbook is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Sporting News College Yearbook is out. The UCONN women are ranked number one. The Irish are second. Katie Lou is rated as the best Girl's high school player. Napheesa and De'Janae are both second team all-Americans. For colleges, Moriah and Breanna were selected first-team all-Americans and Kaleena a second-teamer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Sporting News College Yearbook is out. The UCONN women are ranked number one. The Irish are second. Katie Lou is rated as the best Girl's high school player. Napheesa and De'Janae are both second team all-Americans. For colleges, Moriah and Breanna were selected first-team all-Americans and Kaleena a second-teamer.
wow... 2nd team for KML, guess she'll prove a few people wrong.

is that digital or hard copy?

Reaction Score
Anybody who suggests that there are at least five wcbb players who are better than Kaleena is just an old poop.

My guess is the reason they put KML on the second team is because UCONN already had two players on the first team! She is without question a first team all-american.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with the comments re; KML, but she was injured for a good part of last year and her numbers were down. Not surprising that she isn't on the 1st team AA for preseason, I imagine by midseason she will be there... I'm very glad to see Moriah getting some early love - totally deserving. I think she was often overlooked last year by the "experts" for individual accolades. IMHO she was easily one of the top 5 PG's in the nation, and possibly in the top 2. This year I think she has a great shot at the NLK award...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with the comments re; KML, but she was injured for a good part of last year and her numbers were down. Not surprising that she isn't on the 1st team AA for preseason, I imagine by midseason she will be there... I'm very glad to see Moriah getting some early love - totally deserving. I think she was often overlooked last year by the "experts" for individual accolades. IMHO she was easily one of the top 5 PG's in the nation, and possibly in the top 2. This year I think she has a great shot at the NLK award...
well said E

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion that KML will win NPOY over BS. Similar to Tina Charles over Maya Moore in 2010.
hmmm could be. I'd be happy with either one, in a close vote.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm surprised by any preseason AA team that does not include KML. Yes, much of her junior season was impacted by injury and illness, but she came back to average 17 and 8 in the NCAA tournament, won MVP of the Lincoln Regional and made the Final Four All-Tournament. The only AA team that matters is the one selected after the season and I trust she'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom