The Southampton Way (documentary) | The Boneyard

The Southampton Way (documentary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Rog Bennett (of Men in Blazers) directed this interesting documentary on Southampton's player development philosophy. Watch it here. Hard to argue against the results they've been getting. I think I might have to adopt them as my secondar-favorite club (sorry, Liverpool).

Reaction Score
Rog Bennett (of Men in Blazers) directed this interesting documentary on Southampton's player development philosophy. Watch it here. Hard to argue against the results they've been getting. I think I might have to adopt them as my secondar-favorite club (sorry, Liverpool).

I saw it. Kind of reminds me of the A's or Rays in baseball in terms of how a 'small market' team can be successful. They deserve credit for what they have done.

Reaction Score
I saw it. Really, they aren't much different than many clubs in Europe. Ajax is known for doing the same sort of thing. Barcelona's Academy is amazing for putting Academy products on the first team and they actually win trophies.

What's more amazing to me is that they replaced 5 key players and a good manager and they are better than before.

I definitely want Southampton to finish in at least a Euro League spot. I don't think that going directly into CL would be good for them, although the money would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom